King Soci | Teen Ink

King Soci

I start waking up and my eyes burn, the crisp new rainy air lightens my nose and the birds make my ears bleed. The sun in the sky raises slowly making the clouds look like strokes of paint on a new canvas. The streaks of white in the sky on top of the pink sun and bright orange horizon, makes the water look like a lake of fire. The smell with in the air is that of a morning rain, the birds are in the many and they be chirping at the rise of the sun. I want to do nothing but relax and lay in bed.
“Morning young master. Time to start the day and give your military their colours,” a dreaded nasally, high pitched, slow speaking voice says. I open my eyes and see Ms. Gold, a teenage girl with blond hair and in black jeans and a blue shirt. “We should also get ready to address the masses about your mother’s death,” she says pulling me out of bed by my arm making me hit the cold stone floor.
“Mother is dead for the greater good, she was an old hag and needed to die,” I say with my cheek compressed against the floor. I lift myself, smile and put my hands on her waist. “I will make you and offer Ms. Gold. You should go home to your family, taking as much time as you need; you are sick and need to take time away. Or, we could have some fun and break my bed,” I say sliding my hands up toward her chest. She clears her throat still high pitched but not sounding as nasally. She turns around making my hands drop to her ass; she looks up at me and start to speak but has trouble finding the words.
“I um would love to see my family, but um I wouldn’t mind having um uh,” she says moving in closer; I don’t want her to get any closer but, I know if I don’t let her she won't ignore all I have to do. I nod my head slowly drifting into my mind. Then I see what I have to do. I ask
“Is it in the papers that I am due to speak to the people today?”
She says looks at me in my underwear and then up taking off her jeans. “No. The people should hear their king, like I’m going to feel you,” She says messing with her bra. I grind my teeth and frown knowing that it will be all for not. I look at her and I have but two choices, have sex with her and get truly nothing out of it or, leave her here and let her be confused.
“Good day madam, I will call for you soon. I’m sorry but, my day as a king can’t be littered with fun or enjoyment. Just my kingdom and work,” I say walking into my closest. “I can’t do this yet; the opportunity has not shown itself. You and I have to go on with our lives and today was just a setback for us to live,” I say looking at all the cotton and silk suits I have to wear.
“Now leave me. I must ready myself for the public address,” I say as I put on a pair of cotton blue slacks.
“I don’t see why we can’t have a little fun. I mean you don’t even need to address them today,” She yells at me as I put on my silk grey shirt and my pistol, putting it in my pocket holster. I walk out and I see her. Her and her uselessness, it is becoming even more emanated by the second that she must end. I grab her hand and walking to my bedroom door. I bend down to get her pants off the floor and as I do, I can see she is vulnerable.
“Do, you have any firearm experience?” I ask her with my hand inching closer to my pistol.
“No, I am only trained to kill in hand to hand combat,” She says looking out my window. I pull my pistol out and stand up putting her jeans over my arm to hide it. We walk out and I close the door, and now I have no idea where I want to head to. My study would be a good place but, it’s open to the public's eye and the walls to my back would be glass. The chamber of learning would be good but, my books could get hit and I want nothing more than to learn. The halls of where we currently are fine only granite walls to be harmed. I drop her clothes and point the gun at her head, the black and white sights lining up to the back of her small blond skull. I breathe in and sigh in relief, pulling the trigger watching her fall to the ground spewing blood like a slow stream. Her skull hits the floor breaking into pieces the rest of her with blood pooling out. I walk over into the pool of blood kicking her skull, I smile now for she is dead and there is none of my mother’s guards remaining. They were weak and under trained; in addition they all wanted me to be like my mother. After the death of my mother death four days ago; about three days ago I had all but one executed for my own fun and pleasure. She, she was weak even; yes she was fun till now. Before I killed her, she had become weirdly attached me to the point of loving me.

With the old guards gone, I can't help but look down and think she could’ve been used better. I realize I was right to kill her she was nothing more than a thing of the past. Yes, she was my age but, she knew only the ways of the past and needed to die. I smile and spit on her dead body, as well as calling for my guard. Five men in about their twenties walk in. They come in dressed in dark blue silk pants but almost black in colour. They have grey shirts and black and blue vests, their coats are a dark blue colour and padded in the shoulders. Looking at their faces, they are clean shaven and groomed to military standards. Their stances are almost ghostly with blank stares. I smile because something has been successful to the point I can abolish parliament and the people who oppose me will be put to death for the greater good of the rest of the people.
“Clean this up, please. And while you’re at it ready the men to storm the official building in fifteen. Oh and one more thing wear your castle uniforms,” I say to the five men now standing to my right.
“Do we need the whole royal guard or just grab the military SIR,” a soldier says walking about a half meter out. I don't know for, the military has the weapons to deal with the threat from parliament but, they aren’t one hundred percent loyal to me.
I can’t think of a reason why not to take the royal guards so I say, “Take the royal guard and I will deal with the military later.” Parliament has been around for eight hundred and ten years. I can't wait to clock the dumb commoners out of Parliament and give the lords nooses woven from gold and silk scarves. I walk to my study to admire my upright clock; the face is made of gold with ivory inlay numbers. The cabinet for the weights is cover in polar bear pelt and, I as I admire it I see it's a quarter till seven; I smile, because my clock is a well regulated piece. I look through my books and find war tactics; the people from the past were stupid to give war rules. The space they made just because of a few lives were lost is bull, they could’ve pushed even if more than one hundred useless live were lost.
Ding! Ding! The sound of my clock chiming made me jump out of my skin. I pull out my pistol and grab one more round of ammunition and place it in the magazine. I look down my sights as I do have it out ready, looking they are off about a quarter of a millimeter but, that makes the killing more fun. I go to put it back in the holster as I do a royal guard walks in.
“SIR! It’s time to head out,” a young blue eyed boy says.
“Thank you, you are dismissed. I will be down to the trucks is a moment,” I say with a smile on my face. I think that I after I remove parliament I make laws that will kill the people who immigrated here. This makes me laugh because this is a great idea, my people come to my mind first, the people who put my people into power are all I care about. 
I walk out and close the door, the halls have never seemed longer than now, I am happy and it’s weird because this is also the best feeling I have ever had. I have always thought that this weird feeling would never come again. I walk out to the throne room, a place I had re added to the palace. The wall are made of quartz and river stones the throne itself  is made of river stones, marble, gold, and the nation's bird stuffed standing tall above all man.
I reach the throne room doors and I open them with a push. They lurch forward and make a sound of crashing trees as it hit the wall. I think to myself, I will remove all of it and then make it better. My eyes squint as the bright light rushes into my eyes. I smell the fresh crisp air, the air is even crisper than it was in my room. Looking slightly to my right I can see the trucks. They are grey in colour and I recognize the head on the hood and coat of arms on the door. My mother’s head is placed on the hood because she should see the parliament that she had built up stronger, to “protect the people” being torn to bits by her “Harmless son”.
I start walking closer to the trucks and see that they all say long live the King next to the intake opening. I can also see my mother’s skin is drooping and dried, maggots go in and out of her eye sockets. I tilt my head down and smile; she is truly a dead hag. I laugh at the idea we are going to end the fire she fuelled so profusely that our country reformed itself. I up to the door and my guard are now in an all-black jacket and pants with a red shirt and a black and red vest with yellow trimming.
“Time to head out men.  We will travel to the center of the current dismay and travelling there we will go over our plan,” I say stopping in the tire marbles. I look at all of their faces and, they all look confident in my abilities; they have placed their lives in my hands and my affirmative action.
One by one they hop into the trucks starting the engines; I walk into truck number one, the beautiful truck decorated with my mother’s rotting face. Sliding into the armored truck I fold down a tray and lay out a map. I pull out a pen and mark out where they may or may not.