Vacation | Teen Ink

Vacation

December 18, 2008
By Anonymous

Ever since the day I started the seventh grade, my fascination with the world exploded. Taking a world history class expanded my fascination even more than it already had. Many people live their entire lives without ever taking a vacation, and spending one summer at a relative’s house doesn’t count. I believe that you can’t live your life without observing a strangers life.


Traveling to me is like a natural high. Whenever I visit a country that I have heard so much about and have seen dozens of pictures, I feel as if all my problems have temporarily disappeared and all I have to worry about is having the best time I can possibly have. The first time I ever felt this way was when I was about 9 years old and I went to Las Vegas with my family and other cousins. It wasn’t the first time I was in Vegas, but it was the first time I saw the amazing beauty of all the hotels and all the neon lights. Being 9 years old, I obviously wasn’t allowed to do what Vegas is known for, gambling. But just walking through the casino’s made me feel like I was walking through all the pictures that I had seen of Vegas. I felt as if I was in another world. I was actually walking through the streets of Sin City. But all good things must come to an end, for when it was time to pack-up and leave, I came crashing back to reality. I felt as if I was leaving my home because I didn’t want to leave that comfortable way of life. Eventually, I would get over that sad feeling and I would remember how great being back home would feel. I love that feeling and I wish I could feel like that every day.


Now that I am in the tenth grade, the work is becoming more and more difficult and I yearn for that felling all the time. I wish I could come home every day and not have to worry about my homework or school at all. I wish every day could be like coming home from a vacation.