Soccer Mistake | Teen Ink

Soccer Mistake

By Deisi8 SILVER, Sacramento, California
Deisi8 SILVER, Sacramento, California

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone also has a favorite mistake. I have one whenever I think about it, it makes me laugh.I was so dumb for not knowing what to do. But things like this happen all the time to different people. So at least i know I’m not the only one.

It was one regular day at school the only thing that was different was that I had a soccer game. I was asleep in the morning but then woke up during the day. Everything  was normal I was happy that we had a soccer game.

Six period came around I left early because the game  started as soon as school ended. I got there and the other team was already there and there was a couple of my teammates there too. We got in our uniform and put our cleats on. Coach came out and we started to warm up.

Next was the game the whistle blew and the ball moved. We were playing then school bell rings. Everyone comes straight to the stadium and a couple minutes before halftime everything happened. There was a lot of girls bunched up trying to get the ball. Out of nowhere the ball goes to the middle. Everyone yelling “deisi” because I was the closest to the ball. In my head I was like wtf. I didn’t know what to do I was so confused. I look down and see the ball so I run to it as quick as I can and I reach it and dribble it down. Then I see like 3 defenders running for me i hesitate so bad I blast the ball instead of shooting it. I laugh at myself for not shooting it. It happened though I learned to never ever hesitate like that again.

I know this mistake might sound dumb to you. To me it's always funny.