I Am Track | Teen Ink

I Am Track

By Mkeens14 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mkeens14 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

From the outside, it’s the simplest sport, but experience shows you it’s really the most complex. It brings both immeasurable pain and immeasurable joy. All it takes is a single one-hundredth of a second to change your fate. This may scare most away but not me. The pure adrenaline and addictive environment keep me coming back for more.

Track will test you. It will make you discover your limits and knock them down. It will break you down to build you back up again, stronger than you were before. It will show you what kind of person you truly are, exposing you to the world. Will you rise above the pain or will you let it defeat you?

Track may not seem very forgiving but its main power is bringing people together. It unites people through common struggles and makes best friends out of the most unlikely pairs. The strongest bonds are formed when two people sacrifice and persevere for the sake of the other. It may seem like an individual sport, but no athlete can be successful without the support of their team, challenging them to become the best they can be.