My Adventure to Mexico | Teen Ink

My Adventure to Mexico

I remember when I was 5 years old, my family and I traveled to Mexico to visit our family members. I was scared, I didn't know who I was about to meet. We arrived to Morelos, where my dad is from. We were greeted by my grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. They had planned out many activities, like going to the pools, going to the zoo and the circus afterwards, and to throw a party.

My grandparents were very nice, but my grandmother became my favorite person instantly. She taught my cousins, siblings and I how to swim at the pools, it was very fun. She even packed lunch for us to each one we were done swimming. My cousin Diego dared me to go down a very dangerous slide, so I did. Little did I know that something terrible was going to happen. As I went down the slide, I had forgotten to wear a floating tube. I went all the way down in the pool, drowning, my grandmother alerted everyone. If she didn't see me drowning, i wouldn't be here because of her. 

Our next adventure was to the zoo. On our way there, i sat with my two cousins Andy and Hector, they were really nice. Hector has a gameboy, and he let me play it, since I was really bored and it kept me entertained. Once we got to the zoo, we went to see the lions first, then the elephants, peacocks, camels, giraffes, and rhinos. Before we left, I begged my mom to take me to see the snakes exhibit, which had to be my favorite thing about the whole zoo. There was a circus in town, so we decided to go. I got to see a clown for the first time in my life, it was scary at first but then I realised how cool they were.

When we got home, we had a small party. There was tamales, pozole, enchiladas, tacos, but most importantly, cake and candy. We played games like pin the tail on the donkey, lazer tag, and we even had a bouncy house. It was a very fun time. It came time to break the pinata, i went first since i was the youngest. I didn't get any candy, but luckily we had goody bags. I had so much fun that day.

It was a very long day, but i enjoyed it very much. We had to travel to another state to visit my mom's family, who lived 12 hours away. I enjoyed my stay in Mexico, we were there for 6 months. I miss my family, but mostly my grandmother. I hope to someday see her and everyone else.