Brain Lost Hours | Teen Ink

Brain Lost Hours

March 23, 2015
By SandraNair GOLD, Trivandrum,Kerala, Other
SandraNair GOLD, Trivandrum,Kerala, Other
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One Child,One teacher,One book and one pen can change the world"- Didi(Malala Yousafzai).

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow,learn as if you were to live forever"
- Mahatma Gandhi


I’m sure that you’ve clicked the link only because of the title, 'Brain Lost Hours'. Hey crazy folk, can anyone survive without a brain? Hmmm...Then what's the title all about? Don't worry. I’m here only to tell you about my personal experience which I would ne'er forget in my life.

I have many things which I hate to the most and the first position among them goes to my native place,Alappuzha, the Venice of the East. Truly saying, if you want to purchase 'Bored life' for free then just move on to Alleppey (Alappuzha).I visited Alleppey recently and returned with a very good gift and that was my hours when I forgot about everything and everyone.

To avoid being beaten, I went along with my family to Alappuzha and everything went well up to this. Then....the world seemed to be a dwell for me! There was a ceremony going on in our family temple and I hate it.Therefore, seeking my mamma's permission I decided not to go to the temple and stay back in our house at Alleppey.Don't misunderstand that there's a long distance between the house and the temple.It's just three or four metres away,just inside a compound wall.11 o'clock,12 o'clock , 1 o'clock ..time went running as if it was participating in a running race! As I had none to boast with, I started to feel bored and oh! What more to say? My mom might have understood that my stomach was starving for a pinch of salt at least.That might be why she asked me to have my lunch.But as my favorite job is to back-answer my parents , I just asked her to spare me and that I didn't wish to have anything.She felt so glad with my reply(to be sarcastic) and that she left.I couldn't enjoy the greatness of 'simply standing' that I asked my cousin to lend me his bicycle.As he was kind of seeing my 'simply standing life' he allowed me to have a ride in his bicycle and before leaving he warned me that the cycle had less brake and to be careful.I was only thinking of a way to escape from there and so I nodded and took his cycle.On seeing me going all alone with the cycle,my mother who knew that I normally use only half of my commensense, came along with me.Now,it was just like a 'cycle';seeing my mom coming with me my sister and then my cousin sister and following her , her sister too accompanied.

Thus we began our unforgettable ride.Oh sorry! I'm telling you unwanted things.Let's move on to the reason for my stuff.I was so happy ,riding along those beautiful narrow paths and talking with old hags and other villagers.Quite wonderful!!! Then...Oh! Missed something.My mother was screaming at the top of her voice asking me to be very very careful while going through 'skelton' roads.You have seen skeltons,right? At least on those scary movies.How thin they are!That's what I meant; the roads are so thin that we may fall down if we don't have a good balance.

Just some time later, my 'mamma' told that we would go back home as it was already late for lunch.The time for knowing about that reason has come closer.Wait for a few more sentences' reading time.

We reached almost near our home and before that there's a slope. While I was about to ride along the slope my mom told these words which made all the trouble, "Hey,didn't you say that the cycle do not have proper brake system.So take care and come along". This was more than enough and that I lost my control and I took my hands from the handles. How stupid! Oh!!!!!! I don't remember anything after this and once I got back into my 'real life' , my sister explained everything that happened to me. And know, I'm just gonna tell you those things.Pay attention and listen to me to avoid such horrible things that may occur at anytime of your life.

My sister explained, ' As you removed your hands from the handles of the bicycle, you just came with the cycle rolling down, screaming to save you.Mom,who had become terribly shocked tried to stop the cycle. But what can a lady do to stop a cycle that comes along a slope with tremendous energy??? She too fell down along with you and the brakeless cycle. Everyone came running with the same expression as that of witnessing a major accident. Mamma was lying with her hands almost broken. But how can a mother just think only of herself while her dear child was lying helpless near her. Thus,she stood up and came near you. Meanwhile,others had already reached at the spot and was trying to uplift you.You were crying at the top of your voice and someone asked to give you a glass of water. Suddenly my father realized that there was a heavy bleeding from the cut at your head. Knowing this someone asked to apply ice but our dad who is always a bit tensed of everything took you to hospital. You were sleeping all along the way to the hospital.The doctor took an injection and dressed the wound. A few medicines were given and we went back. On the way back, you woke up from your sleep and was staring at everyone around. To everyones surprise, you asked where we had been. All became tensed and started to ask you who you were. But you replied correctly for such queries still you didn't know anything concerning today and the day before. You had forgotten the recent things and even how you fell down! Seeing mom's mobile ,you enquired whose it was and many more such things.Finally we reached our family house but you were shouting at us saying that you wanted to go back home. Thus we are on the way back to our home". Friends, this is what my sister told me and I listened to all those horrible things,starled and shocked.

So guys, this is what I have to say you ,though I'm not an old granny to keep on advicing. Still,from my strange experience I would like to enquire about something. Please answer only the truth thinking that you are before God. Do you know to ride a cycle? If yes, I'm begging you never to use a brakeless bicycle and also don't give up your confidence. Also have proper meals as you need energy even to think correctly and obey your elder ones. Or else you will have to pay for it once. That may be more than what you have earned; you'll regret very badly.

Hope you'll ne'er forget my experience.By the way,you're not riding a bicylce now,right? See how I got it right!