My Blue Screen | Teen Ink

My Blue Screen

January 11, 2011
By Anonymous

Don't you sometimes wish that life had an escape button? Just press it and all your troubles go away. When you're staring at a blue screen reflection of yourself and feeling like punching it in. You've disappointed everyone, you're not keeping up with school because you're too lazy. Every time you open your computer with the intent of taking history notes, you end up on Facebook or Hex or YouTube. Don't you just hate yourself then?
Your blue screen flashed with error codes, and there are two ways to fix it. Escape and deal with it later or go back through and fix what you messed up. Most time I just want to hit that delete button, backspace and get rid of everything I just said. The faces I made and the way that I walked.
You gotta humble yourself to go back through and fix things. My pride thinks I don't need to do that. Shouldn't do that. Except that when I don't fix it up, the screen just stays blue and I can't get anywhere. So what do I do? I pretty much start of fixing it, fix just enough to get by with and wait until tomorrow to do the rest. By then more errors have occurred, so I basically just fix the same things over and over and over and over again.
Get's a little tiring after a while, and it breaks down my connection. Great. Well, I gotta go and stick a "deal with you later" note on my blue screen, then I'm gonna take a nap.
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
Aw come on! Fine.
Here I am again. Error codes all over the place and and flashing blue screen. Sigh. Why do I let myself get this way?


The author's comments:
Just something I do a lot. I'm homeschooled and I let myself get too lazy. I'm behind in my schoolwork, but have trouble caring. Sighhhhhh.