Again | Teen Ink

Again

November 28, 2009
By Writedancelove&live GOLD, Redding, California
Writedancelove&live GOLD, Redding, California
12 articles 2 photos 66 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
"Karen: If you're from Africa why are you white? Gretchen: Omg Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white."


I did it again. I procrastinated. I looked at it every day. I thought about it every day. I could have done a little bit every day. But instead I saved it all for the last night. Again.
I don’t know why I don’t this to myself over and over and over. My life would be so much easier if I don’t. And the worst part is that I say this every time. “I should've done this, I could’ve done that.” But the fact is I didn’t. And now I’m staying up all night long to complete this assignment that I’ve had for months.
It’s 2:30. I'm sitting here typing as fast as I can, trying to finish so I can get some sleep. I am accomplishing some, because it’s not a hard assignment. It’s just time consuming, which is the worst type to leave for the last minute. It’s 3:23 now. My eyes are getting droopier and droopier as I stare at the screen. I'm trying to force my self to stay awake. I'm trying to force myself to make it good. I'm trying to force myself to do it ahead of time next time. It’s 4:17 now. I don’t have a lot more to do, but it will still take a sufficient amount of time. It’s 5:00 now. I can’t even force my eyes to stay open anymore. My assignment is not completely finished, but it will have to be good enough. I need sleep now.

I printed out my assignment and tried to force a staple through the stack of papers. I crawled into be and only two hours later was awoken. That day was one of the longest days of my life. I can only hope I never do that to myself again.


The author's comments:
I had to model a piece of work by Gregory for english class, so here it is :)