Essay Contest: No band mates left behind. | Teen Ink

Essay Contest: No band mates left behind.

By Notaes BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Notaes BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Today is September 9th. Right after school I have marching band rehearsal at 4 and then the show for the football game at 7. 

The show was amazing and the football team won! Around 9pm we head back to North campus and we all put our uniforms away and then a ton of us want to go to Culver’s and get food. But unfortunately Culver’s is closed. 

I overhear some of my band mates talking about going to a nearby Kwik Trip. And a couple minutes later almost everyone is gone and it’s only me, my dad and my friend Wolf.  

“Hey Wolf, do you have a ride?” I ask her.

“Yeah, Tatertot is giving me a ride,” she looks around, then comes back to me. “They left without me. I told them I was going to use the bathroom and then would be right back!” 

I can see that she is upset and so I offer to give her a ride to the Kwik Trip to meet up with Tarertot. 

“Are you sure? I can just walk home,” she said to me in an embarrassed and sad tone. 

I reassured her, “Wolf, Dad and I won't mind giving you a ride. I personally don’t want you walking home at almost 10 o’clock at night.” 

“Thank you, and I’m sorry about this,” she says as we get in my dad’s truck.

“It’s ok, Wolf,” I tell her with a little chuckle. “It’s not your fault and you're not being a burden, I promise.” 

We get to the Kwik Trip and I wave bye to Wolf and yell out to Tatertot, “DON’T LEAVE WOLF AGAIN.”

He yells back, “I WON’T!” 

We leave and I look at Dad and say, ”can’t leave band mates behind.” 

this is for the teens making a difference essay competition.