No New Friends | Teen Ink

No New Friends

By ahmayajohnson27 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
ahmayajohnson27 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

It was a new school year in a different state without any friends. My family and I moved to kenly, North Carolina. My school nickname was the “A” and apparently everyone in this city goes there. I thought it was going to be plenty of people to meet and be friends with but there were not. The lack of comfortability prevented me from participating in any extracurricular activities.

August 27th was the first day I had to wait an hour for the bus because it was late. My day had already started off bad and to top it off my hair begin to frizz due to humidity . The school bus had finally arrived. When I got on the school bus everyone stared same as when I arrived at my school. When I walked in my class I sat right in the front because I didn't know anyone. My teacher introduced me to the class so I wouldn't have to, I was grateful. The stares continued as I walked to my seat. It was the longest first period ever.

When lunch time came I stood in the line by myself hoping to find a classmate I could sit with. Someone tapped me and told me I was pretty, I should of made her my friend but I didn't. I continued to stay in line without having any conversations with anyone. Throughout the year I started having people to talk to 

but i didn't really make and friends per say.

Towards the middle of the school year it finally happened. I made a friend. We sat together at lunch, walked each other to classes and went places outside of school. I kind of started to like north carolina. Then came the drama and i went friendless again. I was cool with it because school started to end.

My mom told me that we were moving back to delaware I was so happy. It made the last few days of school go by fast. School was just like how it started, boring. But I wasn't really worried about friends any more, I was just happy to leave.