A Sweet Sunset | Teen Ink

A Sweet Sunset

By yaso BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
yaso BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

The delightful way to wrap up a day no matter how unkind it could have been, no matter how unpredictable, one thing's certain, I can at least watch the sunset in all of its glory as it gives the day a breathtaking farewell and welcomes the night to come. This was one of the reasons why I love watching the sunset. This fascinating work of art created by nature is different every time, no one sunset is the same, even though they all have the same message. It is something special that every single sunset is different from the last. Every sunset though having the similar purpose are never quite the same, some sunsets have a slight shade of purple as they descend to the traditional midnight blue color, others have strong shades of red as they gradually make the sky appear more and more yellow-orange. As the sun descends downward, the sky turns into a mixture of earl grey and a light tint of blue. This transition works well with the contrast of the fluffy clouds that are absorbing and radiating the sunlight. When looking at the sky, I see a little yellow ball that is emitting a grand amount of light, followed by the clouds softening the view. There is a slight contrast between the sky and the clouds, but this contrast makes the sunset even better, another reason why it is so beautiful to look at. Especially when the light of the descending sun hits the townhouses. It emits an enchanting light shade of orange that gives off a peach tint. Watching the sunset is one of my favorite tasks to accomplish, that is if I am not busy, or remember to do so. The clouds are now turning into a light hue of peach, as the light of the sun is reflecting against the fading clouds, this is so mesmerizing to see how all of the clouds and the sun get to be interwoven to a marvelous masterpiece. One thing I am upset about is the fact that I tend to overlook watching the sunset, although it is arguably the same thing when the sun rises. I will say that it is not a sunrise is a way to inform a person that they have a day ahead of them while a sunset only proves to be a night-dwellers paradise.

This is one of the reasons why I love sunsets, they don't necessarily just mean the end of a day, but they are the signal that the night can begin. I am a night owl, I am better at staying up than getting up in the morning. Due to the sun setting, I get an indication of what I have to do, by that I mean I tend to make the sun setting a timer, once the sun is no longer visible in the sky I should be done with the task that I had assigned myself during that period of the day. The earlier the sunset the better in my night-loving opinion. To me, a sunset introduces my most productive time, the night.

Sunsets have numerous breathtaking variables that are difficult to put into words but it never ceases to amaze me the ability to be able to make a piece of art so effortlessly.