Some People Are Gay: Deal With It! | Teen Ink

Some People Are Gay: Deal With It!

September 22, 2015
By messyhairandleggings BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
messyhairandleggings BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell" -Oscar Wilde


Everywhere I go someone tells me that being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender is wrong. I’ve had numerous people throw Bible verses at me and tell me why I should change. I’m not changing!! This may come as a shock but I’m a Christian. I read the Bible, I go to church, I believe in God and Heaven and all that. But I am bisexual. It’s not a choice or a hobby. It’s who you are. There are things in your life that you choose, like your style, your beliefs, or your favorite color. I didn’t choose to be this way. I didn’t wake up one day and decide to start liking girls and guys. I’ve always been this way. I just didn’t fully know it until a few years ago. Even when I was younger I knew that there was something about me that was different. I’ve gotten so much hate and criticism from people, including my friends and family. I’ve had people call me weird and disgusting, but I don’t care because I’m the way I am for a reason. I’ve tried to come out to my mother, but she won’t listen. She tells me I’m confused or that I don’t really like girls I just think they are pretty. It’s not just that. I'm attracted to girls. I want to date girls and kiss girls and all that stuff. Some people just don’t understand that. They think I'm bisexual because I think it's “cool” or because I like the attention it gets me. I'm bisexual because that’s how I am. It's not like choosing your favorite food or your job. It's something you can’t control like who your parents are, where you were born, or what the weather will be like. It's a way of life. It's something that just happens. It's something that makes me happy and it's something I'm proud of no matter what anyone else says. I'm bisexual, deal with it. And if you don’t like it, oh well.