Ruined (Complete) | Teen Ink

Ruined (Complete)

August 14, 2013
By AnnyssaHowerton GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
AnnyssaHowerton GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
12 articles 2 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If there is a star in the night sky, then today was a good day.
or
If there is a star in the sky, then it is nighttime.


When I started Junior High, I remember finally feeling like a big kid. On the third week of school two guys (who were best friends) asked me "out". Before I made any kind of decision, I talk with my mom about it. "Not until you're older" was all she had to say about it, but that year didn't go over well. By the end, I had had 8 boyfriends, only one of which still speaks with me. That summer had being the start of all things wrong.

My dad, my brother, and I had gotten home around one o'clock PM from a long six and a half hour drive. The first thing I did was plug in my iPod touch. My aunt's friend, Traci, was doing their laundry at our house, this was a usual thing. My father introduced me to her, she seemed like a very nice lady.

My aunt,Candi, walked through the front door carrying groceries. She was an older lady who had been attacked by a couple of Pit bulls, and despite all of her injuries caused from it, survived. In, behind her, walked a tall muscly boy who looked to be about 14 or 15. He had freckles, and the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. He was just so perfect. As he turned out of the kitchen we caught each others glance. I felt this rush come over me, and at that moment I was sure of one thing.

I was in love.

The next day, I went to visit Candi, who was living with Traci and her two kids. I wore a black and Gold T-shirt with red skinny jeans and converse. As I walked to their house, all I could think about was that gorgeous, nameless boy.

Once I arrived, I just sat outside with Traci and Candi. Then the door opens, and he walked out. No shirt. No shoes. No pants. Only a pair of wrinkled up boxers. He obviously had no clue I was there. “Bobby go get dressed.” Traci hinted at the fact that I was there. Bobby. That was his name. I listened to it hum in my ears. He went back in side as Candi was bringing me a water.

I always thought he was such a gentleman, until the next summer. That was the last night I ever saw him. The last night I saw him still haunts me at night.

“I'm not who I was when we first me.” He whispered into the darkness.
“ I know but that doesn’t mean I love you any less.”
“Annyssa, these hands that you hold like they are the most precious things in the world have nearly killed people. This mouth that you kiss with the passion of a hundred romance movies, has said the most vulgar things..”
“I meant to tall you that I am going back home tomorrow.” I told him trying to change the subject.
“Well at least we get to say our goodbye's” he held me in his arms The rest of the night.


The author's comments:
I have officially finished.