The Significance of Reese | Teen Ink

The Significance of Reese

October 19, 2021
By 3stapleton GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
3stapleton GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I think about my name I usually see the color pink.  


I was named after the actress Reese Witherspoon.  Her role in Legally Blonde screamed the color pink.  Her fluffy pink pen. Her bright pink blazer. The sassy pink convertible. I love being named after an actress I know and like. 


But I am not pink. I am not fluffy. I am not Reese Witherspoon. 


My name is  a mountain with a river connected to it. The mountain is a lavender like purple and the water in the river is a bright blue. This ribbon-like body of water that is flowing downhill because of the force of gravity.The top of the mountain is covered with dove-white snow. I heard a clapping sound and a huge wall of snow crashed down. Rumbling and roaring, a wave of white surged down the mountain side. I am independent like the lonely mountain.


It is calming for me to be on my own and try and figure things out. I feel like I accomplish things and that just brings a warm feeling to my heart. Most people on weekends would want to go hang out with their friends or go to football games, but I want to relax. I like to take time for myself. It makes me unique and different from others. I like how that makes me feel. 


I often get called the candy name which is okay. It is just a reminder that everyone has heard of my name somewhere. I think it is strange that my name is most known as a candy.  It  let’s the uniqueness of the name be dragged down. 


I will always love the five letters of my name because it makes the person I am. I feel that my name has shaped me into the type of person that doesn’t do everything that other people do


The author's comments:

I am a junior at Arrowhead Highschool.