Charles Trippy | Teen Ink

Charles Trippy

By Melanie Berry BRONZE, Clarksville, Tennessee
Melanie Berry BRONZE, Clarksville, Tennessee

My hero is someone I have never met, yet he is someone I feel is qualified to be my hero. Daily Vlogger, Charles Trippy, began recording his day-to-day life many years ago. Through his tough times, I have seen him grow and develop as an individual. From finding out he had a brain tumor, to playing on tour with his band, I have watched it all. If there is one thing I can say about this man, it would have to be that I don’t think I would have been able to go through any of the things he did. Charles is strong and willing to get better, because he has so many people who look up to him and consider him as a second parental figure.

When I first heard about Charles Trippy, it was about a year and a half ago (or more). He had a seizure and many famous youtubers were giving words of support to him. So, when I found out that he was going through a hard time, I went to his channel and immediately fell in love with his life. Seeing a man who got to do something he loved and make more money than I have ever imagined of seeing in my life, was motivating. I remember thinking to myself, “I want to be like that when I grow up”. And till this day I still believe I can be, because I have seen that it is possible.

I noticed very quickly, that Charles was being strong, even after getting his brain cut open. My life is nothing compared to his. I have never gone through surgery, played in a band, been out of the country, or even gone to big events based on my life. I will tell you now, that I want that. When I am older, I don’t want to sit and say that I had some basic job, life, and friends. In order to make my dreams a reality, I realized that I can’t say no to opportunities. If Charles can deal with finding out he has cancer and still look at life with the same outlook as before, then I can get through my everyday struggles.

To me, this man is my idol. I hope and pray that one day I will have the same opportunities as him, so that I can make something of my life. I will die one day, but before I let that take over my thoughts, I will be the best that I can be. Now, I probably won’t be a famous internet star with millions of viewers, but at least I know that if I want it enough, it could happen. If Charles was ever to read this, I would thank him and tell him that it may not seem like it, but his decisions have changed my life. For that, Charles, I love and cherish you.

Please go check out Charles on youtube