The Legacy of Women | Teen Ink

The Legacy of Women

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Cleopatra's reign gleams brightly in the vast scrolls of time, with a wit so keen and presence that's pure light. Egypt, under her, saw a golden age unfurled, a beacon of a woman's might.

In armour she stood, Joan of Arc, so bold, a trailblazer, tales of her bravery retold. For freedom, she faced the fiercest test; her sacred spirit outshines the rest.

Rosa Parks held her ground with quiet strength, a silent revolt, its echoes profound. In that fleeting moment, a new dawn began, a societal shift led by one woman's stand.

Marie Curie soared in the realm of science; with radium's secrets, she explored new paths. Twice crowned with a Nobel, her legacy is vast, a luminary, her discoveries unsurpassed.

Amelia, with wings, dared the skies to chart, breaking boundaries with an undying heart. Each flight, a dance, each risk, a song, her adventures, a legend, where dreams belong.

Frida's canvas spoke of pain and love's embrace, a world within, of passion and grace. Her strokes tell tales, emotions so intense, a legacy of art beyond all pretence.

From queens of lands to warriors of might to artists and scholars, shining ever so bright, women through ages, like stars in the night, will continue to shape our world with unparalleled light.

This poem praises the powerful impact of women throughout history, comparing their achievements to bright stars.