Sra. Collins | Teen Ink

Sra. Collins

By Brelaw67 PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin
Brelaw67 PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin

My own experience is that once a story has been written, one has to cross out the beginning and the end. It is there that we authors do most of our lying.
- Anton Chekhov

We all have those favorite teachers whether you are thirty or thirteen. Most people say the best teachers are the ones that are cool, the ones that could connect with the students. To me that is not the case. To me the best teacher or even educator, is the one that cares, the one that puts hard hours into helping the student. That is why I must nominate my spanish teacher, Mrs. Collins. Think about the perfect teacher. If you're older than fifteen that image was probably the one that cared the most, made sure the students learned the lesson, but also does everything possible to help the student, mentally and educationally. Not many of us will see that teacher, but I've been blessed. As I said before, Mrs. Collins is this teacher. The reason for this is a most fortunate one. The beginning of this school year I expected for Spanish to be easy peasy. That was not the case. Once the class walked into the room for Spanish 3, we got an ear full. Unfortunately for our school, we figured out that our Spanish department was far behind state requirements. We had learned that our previous teachers were just teaching us bare minimum so that we would pass the class. As you can imagine, this put high stress on everyone's shoulders, especially Mrs. Collins. I know for a fact that this teacher has spent hours upon hours rearranging her original schedule so that she can make sure that our class is ready. She has not only stayed during the weekdays but also most of her weekend only running on an average of five hours of sleep. Not only has she done that, but she has also made sure to make everything as stress free as possible by asking for a field trip to reward our class's hard work. She has also made sure to include memory Spanish games in the class to help us out. Being a kinesthetic learner, this greatly reduces regular teenage stress. Not only that, but she must fix all the grades that the other teachers have failed. I could go on all day about how much I appreciate this teacher, but I think you've got the point. The best teachers may be one of the most hated teachers in the school because of the overkill of homework and daily assessments, but I think that it's time that they've gotten recognition for all the good things they do. I know I'm not a normal teenager, but neither is she. I would be ecstatic if she got some recognition. I highly respect her and want her to know how much I appreciate her. Let me tell you, that is hard to earn. If she's reading this, I want to let her know she is appreciated. I will not let her down.

I was inspired to write this because of the inspiration of hardwork I feel. I will not let her down. I will study as hard as possible.