EOY Nomination | Teen Ink

EOY Nomination

When it comes to teachers, there are some you love, and sadly, there are some you hate. Sometimes you wish you could stay in a teacher’s class forever, other teachers will make you count down the days until summer break. Once in awhile there comes a teacher who leaves a major impact on your life. For me that teacher was Mr. Grant, my band teacher, and I would like to nominate him for Educator of the Year. The reason I say this is because Mr. Grant is incredibly nice, he can be both funny and serious at the same time, and he never gives up on anyone. Mr. Grant is probably one the best teachers I will ever have.

It is very important for a teacher to look and act really nice, and Mr. Grant does both. I say this because of the way his personality is. He always has a smile on his face and has a way of making people happy, even if they’re in a bad mood. Mr. Grant is the type of teacher where he will always say, “hi” to you in the halls and will always strike up a conversation with you. In band class, there is never a dull moment when Mr. Grant is teaching us.

While Mr. Grant is funny and calm most of the time, he has a very serious side too. This is a good trait for teachers to have because it shows that they can be entertaining while also being in control of their class. If a teacher acts too crazy, he is not going to be taken seriously, and no one will listen to him. Usually, his serious side comes out when he gets irritated with us in class, mainly for us talking too much. When Mr. Grant is talking in his serious tone, everyone is listening to what he is saying. His seriousness really balances out the crazy side of him. That is definitely a good thing for a teacher to have.

Possibly the best thing about Mr. Grant is that he never gives up on anyone. He always works his hardest to make sure you can succeed. Guaranteed Mr. Grant will make sure you can be the best you can be. When I first started marching band, I was completely horrible at it. It was with Mr. Grant’s great teaching and motivation, plus the help of my friends, I started to improve a lot. Mr. Grant will never look at a problem and say it is “too hard.” He makes sure that you can complete anything, no matter how hard the challenge is.

Teachers will come and go, but it is the impact that they will leave on you, that will make them memorable. This why I would like nominate Mr. Grant for the Educator of the Year. Not only is he incredibly nice, not only does he have a very serious side to him, and not only does he never give up on anyone, he’s something most teachers will always try to be. Mr. Grant is an all around great guy. Mr. Grant will be the teacher I will remember the most from high school. When I graduate and look back at my teachers, I will always remember the impact Mr. Grant had on me.