The Final Letter | Teen Ink

The Final Letter

September 28, 2013
By JesikahW78 GOLD, Ogden, Utah
JesikahW78 GOLD, Ogden, Utah
18 articles 7 photos 19 comments

Dear Blade,

I fell in love with you few years back when I was only 14. I didn't know at the time you were a false illusion of hope. I was too naive to realize how much of danger you were and are. You were a demon in disguise and I was to blind to see it.... Even at this moment I want to believe you are not the evil thing that takes my life away little by little... That ever scar I carve into my body isn't your wrong doing but a sign of hope... Yet I know if it were hope it wouldn't take my life. The blood I lose ever time I slide you across my body..... It does not bring life to me but taking it away. Little did I know, but now I see your true colors. I will no longer run to you for comfort and love... But I'll be running away from you. I will not turn my back to my enemies but face them and win every battle. You will never see me again. Never again will you touch me. Never will you be my friend or lover. NEVER AGAIN!! So now I stand here before you and tell you these words" Never will you ever control me and never will I fall into your arms. For you are the every reason why I'm still in this black pit. I've been stranded here for 3 years... Now I climb up to meet the light and once I reach the top and take the hand of the ones who truly love me... I will close your ditch so you may never see me again and call my name. Life with you is lonelier and I rather not be lonely with you. I need love but I don't need your "love".... So I bid you goodbye forever. And I pray others will also run away from you as I do....

Your unfaithful,
Jessica


The author's comments:
I just got tired of feeling like cutting was my only outlet. I feel that people who struggle with the same thing i do need to hear others stories so they can also stop and help others stop.