Over her? | Teen Ink

Over her?

June 27, 2009
By Kaylee_big_sis_of_3 SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska
Kaylee_big_sis_of_3 SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska
7 articles 0 photos 8 comments

"You promised!" I screamed walking into the kitchen.
"What are you talking about?" My father said wobbling towards me, his breath wreaked of alcohol.
"You promised you wouldn't drink in front of Taylor and me again Dad!" I said refering to my younger brother who was playing video games with his friend in the living room.
"Honey, -burp- it's not that easy to quit drinking right now..."
"DAD! I didn't ask you to stop, I told you to NOT drink with us around. We have had too many bad experiences around alcohol and you promised. I know you got laid off, your ex girlfriend just messed up your relationship with your present girlfriend who you say was 'the one' but I am not going to let you get drunk and do something stupid like you did with the shotgun! Taylor doesn't need to get put through that again and neither do I." I exclaimed as loud as I could without alarming my brother, or waking the baby in the other room. He was about to say something but somebody knocked on the door, it was Kristina (his Bipolar ex girlfriend who is also the mother of my half brother). I opened the door and she came in, "Piss off" I said as she walked in and she looked at me with shock. My dad laughed and she walked out, he went after her to yell at her for getting onto his phone and steal his girlfriend's number but she walked off.
When he came back in, he looked at me.
"I can't believe you're breaking the promise over her, I don't think she's worth it." I said and my brother and I went to bed.