Time | Teen Ink

Time

By Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

How in tune to the ticking of the clock our lives seemed to be, dashing here and there like little white rabbits, watches out shouting “I’m late! I’m late!”. Expediency is as expediency does as the world becomes more modern; prepackaged food, faster transportation, instant messaging, texting, and high-speed internet. Marriages for a few short months, surgeries and treatments are invented to try to stop time. There are so many things to see and experience that we seldom stop to really appreciate them.

And in this endless tumult you and I have become “us”; two now thought of as one.

I remember the times before, how we danced about the subject while everyone was saying “You should go out.” or, “You guys make a cute couple.”. But we were still inseparable, best friends. And too shy to be anything more.

And after two years of beating around the bush, we are finally together, and the one thing that we don’t have, is time.

on Aug. 13 2011 at 10:44 am
Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

This is a lovely piece of work. Your tone, your stlyle, it's wonderful. Can you please read some of my work, and tell me what you think? I would appreciate your opinion :)

VNH042095 SILVER, Dewitt, Virginia

I have a lot of quotes that I like.

I loved reading this. I can relate to it.. me and my best guy friend are like that. people are always telling me that we should go out, but we don't. but yeah this was great :)

on Aug. 7 2009 at 10:04 am
Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
I agree with Elisaveitta. I, too, love reading classics, and I feel that if you take time to write a book (one that is thoughtful), it would be conceder one. Not to intrude on your work, but if you would take Sticks and Stones, same idea, but where the girl DOESN"T die, but she gets revenge on the "Barbies" in the future (take off on my faveroite book, The Count Of Monte Cristo), it could be a 'classic'. Great Job, I love yoru Work!

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

Right now I'm hating this story, wondering what the heck I ever saw in that guy. ZERO

Elisavietta said...
on Jun. 28 2009 at 2:14 am
I. Love. This.

You have a very pleasing style and flow to your writing that just pulls me in so fast. Believe me, I've read hundreds of books, including classics, and you have the talent for writing something very powerful that could change a lot of lives.

on Jun. 24 2009 at 4:02 am
kookoodood PLATINUM, McGregor, Texas
This is brilliant. I love it.