Guns: Should we keep them? | Teen Ink

Guns: Should we keep them?

April 22, 2013
By Ray445 BRONZE, Havre, Montana
Ray445 BRONZE, Havre, Montana
3 articles 2 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
You were the lighting in that rain. You can still shine in the darkness- Snake-MGS 4, GOP


Guns. Since the Sandy Hook shooting last December, they have become a controversial issue and one of the main topics in today’s politics. Many politics are for Gun Control. Others are for Gun Rights. But how should we deal with these guns? Should we ban assault type weapons and ban all clips that hold more rounds than ten? Or should we be allowed to keep all of our guns? Both sides have good arguments. But what good does banning assault type weapons and big clips do? Any new gun laws will not be followed by the people who do these shootings, and will only infringe the rights of the law abiding citizens.

The policy that I stand by is to not make any new rules on guns. Buildings will still be shot up, people will be shot down, and massive shootings will still happen. but how is that different from Gun Control? Gun Control will fix nothing, and will make politicians who vote for it less popular (in most cases). But won’t that make guns easier to get a hold of? Of course it would. But even with Gun Control, they will still get a hold of them.