Black + White =Racism, NO! it must = LOVE! | Teen Ink

Black + White =Racism, NO! it must = LOVE!

June 10, 2010
By GraceK SILVER, TENAFLY, New Jersey
GraceK SILVER, TENAFLY, New Jersey
9 articles 0 photos 9 comments

There is nothing wrong with intergretion,there are many things wrong with segregation.For some,the heart is capable of LOVING only certain races and capable to detest colored faces,its unfortunate but true, racism exsists EVERYWHERE. No matter how unaware or aware you are,know that it lurks slowly behind you until the moment is right and it roves over you, prowling, like an animal in search of prey! Iam not letting it get to me, I refuse to fall hostage to such evil of this predator, and You should too!Do not deny that you are the prey,do not be frightened when you have been hunted, and Do not despair.Stand for yourself,attack and Infiltrate the heart of the prowler,and in all that, show him kindness and LOVE because such affinity and emotion is void in his heart. Teach him that although he may hate and despise you,not for any lone reason except that you simply look different from him, you will respond to him in words of compassion and LOVE,in words as sweet as honey, in words so soothing to the heart and mind, and actions demonstrating the incomprehensible and perplexity aspect of LOVE.Do NOT HATE him, for if you do, you then are nothing more than a predator hunting prey, not for any lone reason except that he looks different from you.If you hate him back, you two,the both of you, then, are indistinguishable!


The author's comments:
I wrote this because I experienced racism in school and other places,but this was mainly because of school. I go to an all white school and there are many wonderful people, but also there is reality and it is, afterall, High school, so yes,there are people who tend to be racist to minority groups.But if I have learned one thing,it is that racism has existed for a long time and it is something that can never be fully gotten rid of no matter how many anti-racist or segregation laws are put in place.It is like a fire that cannot be contained nor extinguished!It is no different from war,with war,it will never end, not even when peace agreements are signed because people still remember and they want revenge and avengeance.BUT dealing with it maybe hard.I chose to deal with it God's way and not the world's way.Choose to deal with it your own way,just don't HATE in your choosing! Its all good though, I still LOVE all people, black, white, latino,asian,indian,what ever you are,I see no difference.oh yeah and make of thi snote what you will,its from the deeps of me heart!hahahaha depths of my heart :-)well ok so maybe not the too deep depths,but I truely mean it sincerly.