The Way to Save | Teen Ink

The Way to Save

By Hayley Morse BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Hayley Morse BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

The world revolves around trees. And if it doesn’t, shouldn’t it? This essay is reflecting on how we need to reduce the use of trees by recycling and containing the whereabouts of wandering citizens in the forest.

I would enforce more recycling within works and schools. Not all schools have computers for a whole class. Recycling and enforcing the paper issue would be the next best thing. The new South Junior High does have computers--but not in every class. Even if we typed everything, at some point we would print them out. Right? So having more Recycling Boxes in our classes and actually using them? That will help.

Next, there would be volunteers for the forests. Having volunteers inspect the forests; they will pick up the garbage others left behind and checking on people that have a campsite. Making sure there is a limited fire dug out and have trash hung up high so roaming animals won’t be tempted to get into the trash and possibly get sick. Because most animals do help the forest. Would you want dead animals lying in that beautiful forest?

Lastly, having paths that are direct so children won’t be lost and off the path. Walking over grass for an amount of time kills the grass. When we have dirt paths, we will have amazing grass and trees. Only certified people can cut down trees, so when they do, it will be professional and we won’t have the possibility of a falling tree injuring anyone. Then in replacement, we will plant two new trees for the environment.

"The best friend on earth of man is the tree. When we use the tree respectfully and economically, we have one of the greatest resources on the earth." (Frank Lloyd Wright). I agree with Lloyd. It’s our choice on how we use the trees. Most of our resources are made out of trees and we have to learn how to use them selectively and correctly. What would we do with out trees? And this is why making more “Saving the Forests” rules and ideas will definitely help.