You Are NOT Alone | Teen Ink

You Are NOT Alone

By Eliciaaa PLATINUM, Chesnee, South Carolina
Eliciaaa PLATINUM, Chesnee, South Carolina

"Surround yourself with people that challenge how you think/
Not people that nod their head and act like they agree." - N.F

Mental Illness Awareness: 

Feeling alone, thinking that no one wants you around, getting that feelings that things would be better if you weren’t around, saying things would be better if you were ‘gone’. In reality, everyone and I mean everyone has had a moment of feeling down on themselves, some are able to control it whereas others reach their breaking point and leads to a bigger down fall. The honest truth, I feel as if suicide is not and will never be the answer no matter how you do it. The minute you ‘go’ the minute the news is spread yes there will be people affected, upset and hurt rather they knew you or not but the rest of the world, everyone else will go one with their lives and day. Another thought, someone might be so upset and hurt about it that it might lead to them going into a deep depression leading to the exact same position you were in.

There will be times that you just feel like things won’t get better but you cannot let things ruin you physically and mentally to the point that you take your own life. Teenagers in high school, little young children themselves, celebrities, adults, You can look online and find almost any article or you have possibly heard about someone in that category that has given up and gone the wrong route. Bullying, stress, other people’s opinions, those things and even more will affect you but you should never take your life over someone else.

I know it’s hard to believe but there are people out there who will listen rather you personally know them or not,all you have to do is reach out or if it comes to a point where someone comes to you first don’t push them away, don’t think they’re trying to show ‘pity’ because most of the time that person is there because they care.

There are so many things that go on in this world, there are so many things a person can go through themselves, there are so many time that a person can take hearing or seeing certain things. Rather it’s a physical or mental issue, it’s time for any person, any age, any gender, any human to hear those words and believe it..

“You are NOT alone.”