Shelter Me | Teen Ink

Shelter Me

March 4, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


He's getting to close, his hands are to strong. I can feel him, strong muscle and large hands crushing me.
Wanting me...
I know that I must stand my ground. But if I'm gone... his power will rule and I'll be nothing but the shattered pieces of a girl who once was.
I'll be nothing.
Using my arms as towers to shelter myself, I push myself farther into the pit of his soul, dragging myself along the edges of his need and desire. His breath, hot against my lips, sours the air. I'm to dizzy, he's to heavy. I need to get away.
I try with all my power to reach into his heart and claim the person, though small and barely visible, who used to be human. I cradle hope inside my hands, praying and screaming against the hot air for him to see me.
Gravity splits and my eyes shatter into a thousand shards of glass, bouncing off walls and floors. His hands leave my face and I'm dropped to the floor.
His eyes wide.
he can not believe what he's done. His hands brush my face before he leaves. My arms, I realize, had sheltered me.
I had lost the battles, but I have won the war...