Letters From Heaven | Teen Ink

Letters From Heaven

By BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia
BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia

"There's nothing like a sore stomach from laughing for all the right reasons."-Perks of Being a Wallflower

Dear Bully,

I wish you could have stopped when you had the chance. I wish you could have felt the same strike of fear and hurt that I had to endure when you would say something to me. I wish you could have seen the tears you caused; not just from me, but from every other person you stepped on.

I wish you could have heard the countless therapy sessions where I’d beg and plead for help. I wish you could have seen my face fall when you walked away after calling me fat. I wish you could have been there for every time I stood on a scale and hated what I saw. I wish you could have watched Mary Andrews go home early for having an anxiety attack when she found out you were in her gym class. I wish you could have seen the scars on Ashley Jackson’s arms. I wish you could have heard the sound of the feet running whenever you came in the bathroom to fix your makeup.

I wish you could have known how many people shut down their Facebook accounts after you hurt them endlessly. I wish you could have known. I wish you could know where I am right now, and why I’m here.

I wish you could have known that I’m gone now, and you won’t be able to fix what you did to me.

Dear Victim,

I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for standing there and watching you bleed and not fixing the mess. I’m sorry for the name-calling that battered you. I’m sorry for screaming horrible things at your house. I’m sorry for laughing when you cried. I’m sorry for pretending. I’m sorry for stepping all over you. I’m sorry for locking you in the boiler room and telling everyone. I’m sorry for stealing your things. I’m sorry for excluding you. I’m sorry for cyberbullying you. I’m sorry for making fun of you. I’m sorry for ruining your life. I’m sorry for killing you.

I’m sorry for this mess. I can only make sure this never happens to anyone else.

This is a two-way piece written from the point of view of a victim of bullying and suicide, and from the point of view of a repentant bully. I feel that this is a powerful piece that needs to be read.

ahilynnne15 said...
beautifull work love it 100/100