Our Words Have an impact | Teen Ink

Our Words Have an impact

January 5, 2014
By youareworthlife_ BRONZE, Glenwood, Illinois
youareworthlife_ BRONZE, Glenwood, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you fall down, rise back up and don't give up this fight because you are worth life"


Some of us are ignorant to the fact that our words have an impact. We hear on the news or in school about how bullying needs to stop, but no effort is made in this day and age. The worst part of it is, is that the bullies don't consider themselves bullies. When you tweet over and over, hurtful things, mentions these peoples names; Spreading pictures getting retweets, all for your own entertainment. Your words have an impact. Scroll past it, have chuckle, but no one bothers to stand for that actual human being on the other side of the computer screen." It was just a joke, they'll get over it, I was having little fun". It's so vile to see how society can be so mean. Your words have an impact. No one knew if that one thing they said could push over the edge. They come home to a broken home. All the hate , from school, and even when they turn on their phone. They couldn't take it anymore. But why is it that people always over sympathize when they see another one lost to suicide. So many people say I'm tired of hearing the same lecture about bullying, but you see but I am tired of saying Rest. In. peace. Your words have an impact. Stop posting all these things that are so offending. You know they have no purpose, so stop trying to be so hurtful. And to the person receiving all these hurtful things, don't give up this fight because you are worth life. We need to stand together and show compassion twords others. Stop all the hate and motivate people struggling to have strength. We can change societies negativity to put positivity intact. Because our words have an impact.


The author's comments:
I have a movement called You Are Worth Life. To help teens struggling with issues involving bullying, eating disorders, self harm, suicide, or substance abuse. I am tired of people doing nothing about the bullying that goes around. It is just really important to me that people just start being kind to one another and provide a helping hand, instead of standing by and doing nothing. When everyone has the mentality of compassion, we can save lives.