Gloomy Day | Teen Ink

Gloomy Day

August 25, 2013
By asdfghjklfancat SILVER, Forsyth, Georgia
asdfghjklfancat SILVER, Forsyth, Georgia
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn


It was a gloomy day and I’ve never felt happier, the sun was blocked out by the clouds and rain was falling softly on my face. I was always the outcast and the rain was the only thing that made me happy. I had lost my parents when I was very young and soon after that I was diagnosed with major depression. I had to go live with my abusive uncle.
Just when I thought life couldn’t get worse, it did. I had just stated high school and I meet the meanest person in school. He told me that I was the reason my parents died. He said to me in class one day “You just had to have that toy didn’t you, if you didn’t open your big, stupid mouth your parents would still be alive. You are a selfish bastard, and you won’t even admit it.” The teacher didn’t say a word about his offensive behavior, in fact she encouraged it. This went on for several months, and each day I would come in with huge scars down my arms from my uncle’s abuse. I had no one to turn to; I had no shoulder to cry on; no comforting hugs. I felt like I had no purpose in life, I wanted to die.
Life use to be so happy, what happened to the carefree days? The days when all you had to worry about was missing the ice cream truck. I miss the days when my parents would pick me up when I fell down and brush me off. Everything is broken now, everything is gone.
I’m happy in the rain, when the sun is blocked out, when God’s tears are raining down. I’m not even sure there is a God now. If there was he would answer my prayers. There would be someone to turn to, but there isn’t. My life is almost over there is a rope around my neck, this hell will soon be over and then there will be peace. But wait I see a person in the distance, it is that boy from school, I am about to jump when he yells “Wait”. He climes the tree and takes the rope from ‘round my neck, he says “I’m sorry for the things I said, I had no idea. You mean the world to me I just didn’t know it then. I didn’t know that you lived with your uncle, isn’t he abusive?” I nodded and he continued, “I guess what I’m trying to say is that I love you.” I paused to look at him and he said “I’m sorry that I was mean, I was abused too and I didn’t want to have the fact that I’m in love with a guy to be added to the list.” I looked him straight in the eye and said, “I love you too, I’m sorry for the way I treated you, it won’t…” At that moment Percy kissed me and it was the most fantastic feeling in the world, I felt like there were millions of butterflies trying to escape my stomach. I finally felt loved, but I still felt worthless, but time would fix, that I could tell.