A Letter To My Highschool Self | Teen Ink

A Letter To My Highschool Self

By maombi_zawadi BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
maombi_zawadi BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I found Patience K.'s article " A Letter To My Middle School Self" extremely relatable. As a person who has been rejected before for being different, I was able to connect to every word that Patience wrote. What touched me from Patience K.'s piece, is when she wrote, " But you dig your palms so hard, the impressions are still there when you go to bed." This sentence stirred my emotions because at some point it made me feel gloomy and at another point it made me feel ludicrous. I felt gloomy reading this article because I've been through getting bullied before. I'd go to school, get made fun of, and at night I'd cry it off. When I woke up the pain would still be there even though I acted like I was fine. I felt ludicrous because now that I look back to my middle school years, I should not have let people treat me that way. I found it ridiculous that I let people tell that being different is unexpectable.

Everyone is different no matter what, so everyone should be able to express themselves because "life without liberty, is a body without spirit."- Khalil Gibran