Who's next | Teen Ink

Who's next

By Osalhi123 BRONZE, Franklin , Wisconsin
Osalhi123 BRONZE, Franklin , Wisconsin

It was a winter dark October Sunday morning with 3 days till Halloween, when I woke up to make my coffee. I put some water in a pot and got a coffee filter and made myself a nice American hot cup of coffee. I sat on the coach and put my coffee on the side table, and turned on the T.V, and heard this mans creepy voice, “Who's next” the all American Haunted House experience buy it now for 59.99 only used for PS4 VR or XBOX one VR. I remember the time I saw that commercial on T.V way back in July, I am a big Halloween fan I just love scaring people and scary games. So I was so ready to order it. I called all my best friends. Clarissa, Carlie, Jacob, and Emma, i told them about the game in a group call they all responded Halloween party sounds fun lets do it.

Finally it's October 30th the day of Halloween. I started preparing for my friends coming over and then I heard this behind my blue wooden door. “This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween” my friend Jacob knocking on the door while singing that song over and over again, as Halloween is his favorite holiday reason being he has always loved scaring children and wearing costumes and of course getting drunk. I opened the door there he was holding a pack of beer and chips and some popcorn. I said in a very scary creepy Halloween voice, “welcome my precious” Jacob laughed and came right in my apartment. After putting all his party supplies on the kitchen table he asked “where the hell is the game bro?” FedEx is late as usual should be here In about 2 hours. Dammit he yelled FedEx is always late. After about fifteen minutes I heard the door knock again it was Carlie. Carlie came in with a huge smile on her face wearing her ugly Halloween sweater and some pants that have a ghost on them. And she said “I'm here b****es, let's get this party started”. All of a sudden, I see a giant ass speaker and I said, “what the hell is that?” She responded very confidentially “Will this is a speaker, have you not seen one before Jack?” Jacob responded for me, “Yes we have not that big of speaker though I think North Korea is going to hear our music from that thing?” We all started laughing. An hour passed and the game was still not here and Clarissa and Emma had not yet arrived ether. Suddenly I hear a doorbell. I went to open the door. It was Emma and Clarissa, finally here. As soon as Emma walks in she is in shock of the speaker so she said “wow North Korea might be joining this party if we put music on that thing”. Carlie was so pissed she said, “okay how about we just not play any music tonight huh?” I responded “great idea!”.

An hour, two, three have passed it has Been 4 hours total and the damn game is still not here. Jacob has had enough he was so angry he almost threw a glass on the floor. Guess he really wanted to play the game. He called FedEx, and some angry dude answered the phone and yelled, “what do you want?” Jacob responded, “ya so we ordered a damn game 3 days ago and it’s still not here.” What’s it called the FedEx guy asked. “Who’s next” Jacob responded. Okay it will be there in about 5-15 minutes the grumpy guy responded. 10 minutes have passed a sudden knock on the door. Jacob got up and opened the door. Finally Jacob yelled, what took you so long. The delivery man was wearing unusual clothes like not the sort of clothes you say a regular mail man wearing he was wearing blue shirt and jeans and some wired black shoes with a name tag that just said FedEx it looked like it was printed out of the internet. Anyway the “delivery man” apologized and went On his way. I mentioned this to the group, I asked,”Do you think the mailman was wired? I mean look at what he was wearing that doesn’t look like a delivery man to me.” Jacob yelled at me and said, “just forget it bro who cares we got the game.”

We all sat on my sofa like a pack of dogs fighting for a treat. I put the game in the PS4 system and started the game. We laughed so hard at the introduction of the game, because the person was trying to sound so scary, but he really didn’t. “Welcome to the all American haunted house adventure, escape or be next”. The guys voice was so sad it felt like he was forced to do it or something. Anyway we started the game. It asked us to put in our names so we did, we were of course stupid enough to put in our real names. Jacob started off the game. He put on the VR gear and started walking through the house, he read a note that says “escape or else ”. So he started looking for an exit, what Jacob didn’t know is that there is a timer he had 2 minutes in total to find the exit. Jacob freaked out, it was so funny to watch because he was breathing so heavily. The 2 minutes where up. We were waiting for something to happen but nothing did. So Jacob took off the VR gear and gave it to Carlie. Carlie got up so excited to play, Emma was laughing and said, “you really think you can win.” Carlie responded, “The hell I can b****.” Carlie started playing the game and she read a note that said, “escape or Jacob disappears.” Carlie isn’t what you imagine a very smart person. She lost the game on purpose to see if Jacob would actually disappear. A few seconds after she had lost a creepy laugh came out of the loudspeaker Carlie brought to the party. All of a sudden Jacob had disappeared. We started screaming and crying we were so scared, we didn’t know what to do. A note popped up on the screen with really big font. “Emma your turn, escape or Carlie disappears.” Emma was scared, she put on the VR gear and played the game. She had 10 more seconds to escape. 10,9,8,7,6 Carlie was screaming for her life. As soon as number 5 hit Emma actually escaped. The same creepy laugh appeared again. Emma disappeared. With a note on the screen that said, “That’s what happens to winners b****es. Your next objective is to find me and kill me. Clarissa your turn, kill me or Carlie disappears.”. We were all crying we were so confused and scared for our lives. Clarissa put on the VR gear and started playing the game, she was running through the woods and she couldn’t find anything she started hearing noises, really weird noises. It was the witch she jumped scared Clarissa and killed her before she can kill the witch. That damn creepy laugh again. Clarissa started crying and begged Carlie for forgiveness. Carlie said “I Love you both.” And Carlie disappeared. I have had enough of this I started screaming at the speaker and screaming at Clarissa for no reason. I was so very scared I didn’t know what to do anymore. A note came up on the screen that said, “Jacob your turn, use that anger to find me and kill me or your Clarissa disappears” No I yelled I won’t do it, just leave me the f*** alone please. “Tick tock Jacob time is running out” a Note on the screen had mentioned. Just play the damn game Clarissa yelled I don’t want to die. I put on the VR set and was running through the woods as fast as possible trying to look for that b**** to kill her. The time was running out, 10 O my god Clarissa yelled. 9 I am so done. 8 what did I ever do to deserve this. 7 this all your fault Jacob. 6 I can’t even say goodbye to my family. 5,4,3,2,1 oh no. As soon as the timer hit zero we hear that creepy laugh again I told Clarissa I was so so sorry, she had disappeared as I was trying to apologize. What is it you want b**** huh what? I yelled at nothing yet everything. Can you please leave me and my friends alone. A note on the screen that said, “one last chance buddy find me and kill me or all your friends die.” I was so done, I had 2 minutes,  I knew i could do it, I have to save my friends, I just have to. So I picked up the VR gear and started playing I really took my time this time, as I found out that’s the key to winning. I searched through the woods and found a big house that looked really similar to mine, I went inside and found all my friends they were tied up,  I was typing to rescue them but couldn’t because I had to kill the witch first. So I went up the stairs and found a locked door. As I was trying to unlock it I saw the timer I had 15 seconds left I started kicking the door and nothing happened, 5,4,3,2,1,0. And the timer was over I did not hear a laugh I didn’t hear anyone breath I did not hear anything at all. I hear a doorbell all of a sudden. I went to go open the door as I was reaching for the doorknob I hear the creepy laugh again, I ignored it and opened the door. It was all of my friends screaming, “Happy Halloween b****.” I was so confused all I said was. “What is this huh is this some sort of prank or something huh?” I was so mad at them because it infact was a prank. They had it all set up days before the party, apparently they faced the whole thing the delivery man was Jacob's friend and creepy laugh was from Carlie’s phone. I was so mad at them I really was, but I said, “good prank guys I will get you next time.”

So all of my friends left. I went to sleep. As I was about to go to bed I hear someone in the kitchen, someone making really weird noises. I yelled, “Jacob is that you, this isn’t funny guys.” So I went downstairs and saw that the door was open, the T.V was open with a note that said. “Look behind you.” I did all of a sudden light out all I can see is a white light it was over for me. Before I died I saw a glimpse of the person who killed me. It was Jacob. I knew why he did it just didn’t know that’s how far he was going to go along with it. A few years back I had did something really bad to him. I had always bullied him. Made his one and only girlfriend cheat on him. But we become friends or at least I thought we did. Jacob isn’t the best person In the planet but neither am I.

I wrote this fiction essay, because I love thrillers and I love Halloween. I find myself writing a lot of good horror essays witch is why I feel confident about this essay!! Hope you enjoy it!