The morning | Teen Ink

The morning

By thelouisanaboy BRONZE, St.francisville, Louisiana
thelouisanaboy BRONZE, St.francisville, Louisiana

my life

Chapter 1: the morning

I woke up one day with the alarm clock was going beep beep beep  I reach over to turn it off and the weight of my body combined with Earth's gravity pulled my whole body onto the floor.  With a throbbing pain in my right side temple i finally had the strength to turn the irritating alarm off by slamming my hand with the full force of gravity onto the meager button which laid on top of the device. After i pulled myself up off the ground, with much difficulty I regained my balance. Then, putting one foot in front of the other, i walked to the window to let some light in, only to find the sun wasn’t even up at the moment . All i saw outside was the shine of the neighbor’s Christmas lights that laid on the edges of the roof. All of a sudden, there it was again, the same irritating sound Beep Beep Beep.  i quickly run over and unplugged the cord that gave the device its life. I walk to get my uniform on it's the standard service dress blues that every officer gets. I brush my teeth with the navy issued tooth paste. I eat a banana and a slice of toast while looking intensely at the single photo of my wife and three kids and with that a smile comes across my face cause i would be going home to see them for the first time in 6 months. As i gather my suitcase and grab my keys i head out to my. I crank up my car and over the radio  i hear “Bad weather alert stay off the road” but i didn’t pay attention i start my journey in the snow.