Game of End | Teen Ink

Game of End

November 6, 2016
By Sarge_le_flur BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
Sarge_le_flur BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My favorite thing in this world is my computer. Sure I have a somewhat social life,  but my computer is my loving partner with which I could never part. 

I've played on my computer a lot. Sometimes I spend time watching videos, listing to music, or playing the Game of End. The Game of End is my FAVORITE GAME. In that game, you run from the killer (some online player gets chosen as killer at random) and try not to get killed. Simple? Not. If you get killed you become "infected" and turn into some sort of minion.  At that point, you chase after other players and bring them to the killer. If you aren't infected by the time the clock gets to 30 seconds, then you get weapons  Another 30 seconds and you get a helmet, then a chest plate, and so forth.


My computer is different than other computers though. Whenever I play on mine, I get sucked in, literally. This started about a week ago. Whenever I would play my game, my heart felt like a vacuum was pulling it out of my chest along with my soul. But to me, that's great! I get to actually play my game in first person! Sure, it's odd... but I'm getting used to it.  It's not like I have any other friends in this lonely house.


My computer is like a person, no not Siri, but it really... gets me. While in the game, the computer will offer me food and ask "how are you today?"   Of course, I would always say "fine."  Once every so often it would ask me if I was feeling any better- even if I wasn't feeling bad in the first place!


Today I'm going to play some more Game of End.  This time,  I'm going to bring you with me journal! I want to see what will happen if I bring other objects with me!

My last entry was an hour ago, and a lot has happened since.  As mentioned, we play against other players. I am in the computer again.  I have been playing against AIs! When I finally told the computer I wanted to play against real people and... it warned me not to do it. I should've listened to it.

 

I started the match and this player was too good for me to beat.  In the first 10 seconds, he started chasing me.  When the clock got to 30, I turned around expecting to fight him, but he was gone. I believe after 30 minutes that he had infected every other player. Now it's just a matter of whether or not they can find me. I ran into a cave and now I'm lost so hopefully they won't find me.  This would be the first time I ever lost a game.

This is it. I'm going to die. But it gets worse.  A few seconds ago, my hand slipped on a rock and it cut me. THIS IS A GAME. But I am actually bleeding now.  If I get hurt in the game then.... I'm going to die in real life.


I'll miss dad. Dad was someone who always cared for me. He's the reason I'm always gaming, we both are gamer geeks. And my Mom died after I was born. But I'll probably see her soon.


I.. I hear a sound footsteps. I have to go journal. Goodbye.