The Mysterious Robbery | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Robbery

By demchukov SILVER, BATTLE GROUND, Washington
demchukov SILVER, BATTLE GROUND, Washington

"Never give up and you will be a genius!"

The sun was slowly going down the horizon casting long, black shadows. Its ray’s sending last, splendid light into the world. Lucy was slowly walking down May Glock street, enjoying the last few days of summer. Her thoughts kept trailing back to the talk she and her friend had a day ago. Her friend kept bragging about how awesome her dad was. She kept saying that her dad could do anything for her, but Lucy just kept quiet. She couldn’t say anything. The last time when she remembered seeing her dad was after the accident.
When he called her up and told her, “Lucy do you promise me that you will obey your mother?”
Lucy remembered taking her father’s hand and hugging it to her chest, and saying threw her tears, “Yes, daddy I will always listen to my mom.”
Then her dad smiled his last smile and closed his eyes forever. Lucy remembered putting his hand back down, dropping on her knees and crying. That was the way her mother found her asleep by her father's side. Since then two years have passed without any changes. Well maybe just one change, Lucy became older by two years. She was now a young lady, according to her teachers saying. 
Lucy soon turned to Market street and awoke from her thoughts. As she looked at the small stores and markets she thought about how important this street was for her. This is where her mother worked, were her childhood went by, and were she and her mom lived.
She was about to open the door to her mother’s store when she heard a soft cry, “Who’s there?”  said Lucy, as she reached over to turn on the front light. She scanned the porch of the store, but found no one. Then she heard the cry again. This time it was louder as if someone was getting closer. Then she saw it. It was a dark black shadow peeking around the corner. Lucy felt her heart beating rapidly, as she slowly took a step back. Just as Lucy was about to open the door the shadow moved away from the wall, and disappeared into the chilly, pitch black night.
As soon as the shadow was gone Lucy cautiously opened the door and ran into the store. Her eyes were alarmed as she looked around for her mother. Before Mrs.Gray could say something her daughter began.
“Mother! Mother!” cried Lucy.
“Yes dear” said Mrs. Gray as she softly touched her daughter's hand, but Lucy raised her worried eyes toward her mother and said, “Oh mother! I have something important to tell you!”
“Come on Lucy go ahead and tell me, I am listening.” said Mrs. Gray as she settled down by her daughter.
Lucy began by telling how she was about to open the door when she saw the shadow. She also told her everything else that she happened to see. Mrs.Gray slowly picked up her eyebrows and looked at her daughter. Her face looked worried and confused. She slowly walked up to the door and then back to her chair.
Then she suddenly turned around and walked up to her daughter and said,  “ I have an idea Luce.”
“What is it mom?” said Lucy coming up to her mother.
“We have to think of a plan, and I think I have one.” said Mrs.Gray taking a big breath.
“What kind?” said Lucy as tilted her head.
Her mom didn’t say anything until Lucy was paying her full attention.
“I think that the best plan is for us to stay together. Also I think we should pay attention to what is happening around us. Your job Lucy is to pay full attention to the people that come in and out of the store. Do you understand?” said Mrs.Gray as she looked out the window. Then she looked at her watch and added, “Alright honey we better lock the store and head upstairs to get dinner ready.”
Lucy obeyed, she stood up and headed for the open sign. As soon as she switched it to closed. her mom locked the door and closed the blinds. Everything was done and ready for tomorrow. So Mrs.Gray and her daughter headed upstairs to their beloved house.
There house was a beautiful place, Since Mrs.Gray was the owner of the store she was able to take everything that was needed. In the center of the room was a little table and four chairs. Of to the side was a big bed covered in fancy material. Besides it stood a big closet. Then there was a door that went into the bathroom, and another door besides the closet that led to the kitchen. Not far away from the main door stood a fancy coach and a laundry basket. This was all that the little cozy house had. When dinner was ready, Mrs. Gray and Lucy sat down to enjoy their dinner. It consisted of red salmon, rice with soy sauce. The house became filled with a smell, that of a restaurant.
After the dinner, the dishes were washed and the light turned off. The room suddenly found itself in deep and quiet sleep. Lucy huddled closer to her mom and they both drifted off to the land of dreams.
Lucy was suddenly woken up by a sound that came from the store. She sat up in bed and tried to wake herself up. When she finally did, she crawled out from the bed and went for the door, returning to take the flashlight from the table. Slowly she crept down the stairs and opened the door leading to the stoor. Lucy felt her heart beat faster as she saw two figures trying to open the front door of the store.
“What should I do,” thought Lucy as her brain raced for a solution.
Lucy slowly backed away. Then a great idea swept through her head. She slowly crept back upstairs, and walked into the room, where she and her mother slept.
Lucy slowly bent over her mother and whispered, “Mommy, mommy, wake up.”
However there was no answer. After a while her mother moved and opened her eyes. Lucy bent low to tell her mother all what was going on. They slowly went down the stairs. As soon as they reached the bottom steps, Mrs. Gray headed for the phone, only to find that the line was disconnected. Her head spinned around her. They had to do something, and it had to be done as quickly as possible. Then her eyes fell on Lucy. Yes, Lucy was the the solution.
Mrs. Gray hugged her daughter and whispered, “Honey, you have to go from the back door, and run to the police station to report that we have robbers trying to break into the store. However you have to be quick, and make sure they don't see you.”
Lucy’s eyes looked scared and frightened as she listened to her mother, but she realized the whole situation. She knew that she had to do what her mother told her. Therefore, she quickly nodded, and went up the stairs to get dressed. Lucy didn't turn on the light, knowing that the robbers would see the light and run away. As soon as she was dressed, she grabbed her flashlight, and tiptoed down the stairs where Mrs. Gray was waiting for her.
She hugged her daughter and quietly said, “My dear Lucy, I was forced to tell you to go because we have no choice.”
Slowly, she opened the door for her daughter. As soon as Lucy was outside she felt herself scared because of the loud, banging noises coming from the front door. Slowly and quietly she crept to the corner down the end of the wall and took a peek. Her eyes widened as she saw two guys trying to break the heavy locker. Lucy slowly crept back and ducked behind a bush. From here she could see every movement that the robbers did, and could have been easily seen. As soon as the robbers turned back to their work she ran across the street and hid behind the garbage can. She felt her heart beat even faster. Then as quick as a mouse she ran down the street being covered by the darkness of night. She stopped behind a garbage pile and looked back. The robbers were busy with their task. Soon, Lucy was running as fast as her legs could carry her, and only stopping to take a breath.
As soon as Lucy saw the police station she increased her speed. Her coat was flying behind her and her hair twirling due to wind. As soon as she reached the door she felt her heart beat faster. Taking a deep breath she opened the door and walked in. Behind the table sat a tall police officer.
When he saw Lucy enter, he looked up and exclaimed,   “Ms. Lucy, what caused you to come so late at this midnight hour. What could I do for you?”
Lucy walked up to the table and began telling the whole story. Mr. Davison listened carefully without disturbing.
After she was finished he said, “While I will get some officers ready, you could sit on that chair and wait.”
Soon a group of police officers were quietly heading for Mrs.Gray's store, with Lucy with them. They reached the corner of Market street and stopped. The light in the store was on and in there were two figures bending over the cash counter. Lucy followed the officers to the back door. They surrounded the house and walked inside the store. The robbers ran for the doors but were arrested and led away. Lucy looked around for her mother, but couldn't find her.
Then she heard her mother’s voice from the stairs, “Lucy, Oh! Lucy. I am here!”
Lucy dashed for the door and flew into her mother's arms. Mrs. Gray ran up and hugged her daughter.

Stacy L said...
Vera, that is awesome! Your stories really do make you feel like you're part of them! Awesome job... -Stacy l>

thank you!!

Story said...
You're talented girl. The story is awesome.