The Man | Teen Ink

The Man

November 17, 2015
By JazzyJazz SILVER, Sacramento, California 95822, California
JazzyJazz SILVER, Sacramento, California 95822, California
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Time never waits" - My Grandpa


 It was a foggy and dark night when the incident happened, just when the full moon comes out. Carla and her Aunt, Anna decided to go to a pumpkin patch country side since it was Halloween. Carla was mad at her Aunt for taking her to the pumpkin patch at the last minute. It was already 7 at the time they started to head back and it takes at least an hour and 30 minutes to get home. At this time the moon was out and fog had started to appear. Thirty minutes into driving Carla started to doze off.
“Carla? Carla, you see that?” Her aunt asked her.
“Huh? What?” Carla replied.
“Did you see that?”
“Where?” Carla told her Aunt as she backed up the car. Anna opened the right side of the window where Carla was sitting.
“Look over there and tell me what you see.” It was a one way rode, tree surrounding them and it was a steep hill that they were on. Carla looked at the bottom of a hill but there was nothing.
“Hello?” Carla yelled out the car.
“Shhh…..I think I saw a man.” Anna stepped out of the car.
“Hello?” Carla yelled again. Leaves rustled as they heard steps and movements from the bushes and trees. Anna took three steps back, feeling afraid. Then a man came out of the darkness, wearing a hunting suit.
“Are you ok?” Carla asked.
“Yes, thank you. Hope I didn’t scare you or anything.” The man replied.
“Do you need a phone to call someone or…” Anna started but the man cut her off.
“No thank you. I’ll be going now.” The man walked away to the other side of the trees. Carla got out of the car and started to head to where the man came out from.
“What are you doing? Get back in the car.” Anna said but Carla kept on walking.
“Wait, something seems weird.” Carla walked over there as Anna followed. When they got to where the man was, behind a bush was exactly the man who talked to them. Same face, same clothing, and same eyes. The only different was that he was covered in blood but they saw him talking to them just a few minutes ago.