A Plunge Into... | Teen Ink

A Plunge Into...

September 23, 2014
By Gsword GOLD, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Gsword GOLD, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
18 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In order to be smart you can't be too smart."


I took my first step, but what felt like a plunge was in fact one inch. I took my first step into colors. At first it was blue. But not blue as the sea or the sky, but a blue fantasy color that you would see only in a book or in the imagination. The blue felt weightless, as if I was flying. I felt fine. But then I went to pink. This pink was partically a warm pink. A pink you'd see right before the stars reach the skies, right before the sun leaves our eyes. This pink was only brief for I went straight into orange. I liked this color. Something about it reminded me of my childhood. The color tasted like the orange crayon I ate in my elemantary school once. But it felt like a cold breeze upon my cheeks. I could hear a whisper, but could not make into words. I was there for a while, but then I slowly waltzed right into green. This was my favorite color. It was a peacful green, not a bright but not a calm. I felt as if I could stay in green forever. I looked into all the other colors around me to see my path, and breathed blissfully. Then sudenly it went silent, but it wasnt the same silent like in green, it was the silence in black. I looked around, but all it was, was black. I was screaming but no words came out. It was if I choose to make my mouth shape into a big round O, and I choose for no voice. There was no heat, no cold, no words, just the one color. I felt my feet touch the ground, yet I couldn't see the ground. So I just fell back. I fell back, and as my hair went in front of my face, and as my body slammed against the ground, the are changed. It was changed to white. It was snowing. No one was there, and it was peacful like green. I sat up, and felt the coldness of the snowflakes brush against my face. I don't know what I stepped into. I don't know why I took a step. I don't know what to do. I turned around, and there was a house. A cotttage in the distance. I closed my eyes and took one step, and was already there. I walked in, and sat down by the fire, and closed my eyes. When I opened them I was in a room.