Holy Chaos | Teen Ink

Holy Chaos

June 2, 2014
By abigator GOLD, Eureka, Missouri
abigator GOLD, Eureka, Missouri
11 articles 2 photos 3 comments

“Quick to the church! We'll be safe there.” Those who were left fled to the church. For the creature ripping bodies to shred one-by-one could not possibly cross onto holy ground. The men held on to their wives, pushing them towards the door.

Outside of the church was a bloodbath. Whatever this creature was, it was fast, and it was vicious. A few brave souls stayed back as sacrifice in order to give the others a chance for safety. The few that remained reached the church breathing hard. The fire from their torches casting eerie shadows across the room. “Pastor Samael? Are you in here?” One man's voice rang across the room, “Are you alright?”

Silence had abruptly fallen outside. Screams of the unlucky could no longer be heard, not that it mattered, they were already lost. A door slammed closed near the back of the church from the office. Samael's voice echoed through the church. “Sorry, I was just finishing up some business in my office. What ever is the problem?”

“You mean you didn't hear it? That monster outside?” Samael shook his head. “Why you could hear it from the next town over, I'm sure of it!”

Another voice rang out, a woman’s, “It was horrifyin'! People gettin' ripped to shreds everywhere! Everywhere you turned, blood!”

“How... delightful.” Samael turned his head toward the women who had spoke a trickle of blood running from his lips. The gathering of people backed away as the pastor stepped closer. With their eyes adjusting they saw the blood not only on his mouth but on his clothes damp with it as well. “I do love how common mythology has made the church a safe place from supernatural beings. It makes my job so much easier.”

The pastor slowly crept closer to the crowd. He put his finger up to his mouth and gathered the dribble of blood to pool on it. He licked it off and continued, “I knew that once havoc struck you would come to your so called safe place. I don't even have to hunt, the prey comes to me. It's genius really however I don't expect you to think so. Anything that leads to your death you won't see the genius behind it. Humans are such selfish creatures, letting their imminent death get in the way of appreciation. Something you will pay for dearly.”

The people knew they had no hope. They sat patiently waiting for the inevitable. Waiting to die in the home of their lord.
The End.


The author's comments:
Just a quick piece I wrote. I didn't spend much time on it I just wanted to get out my idea before I forgot it. Feedback would be lovely if you feel like it. :-D