Death comes in many forms | Teen Ink

Death comes in many forms

By JadeWolf GOLD, Centralia, Washington
JadeWolf GOLD, Centralia, Washington

"All's fair in love and war." Leo Tolstoy

“State your name sir!” The officer demanded to a man, whose body was covered from head to toe in a black robe. The officer was working on a case, which had people disappearing then reappearing, dead in their birth home, with their head decapitated. He had been trying to track the killer for months now. He had received a tip that the killer was going to be at 512 Waloxiz Street.
The police officer had been waiting in his silver mustang from sunrise until sunset, chugging energy drinks and eating breakfast granola bars. He stayed far enough away so he wouldn’t be seen by anyone, but nit so far away he couldn’t see them.
When the night was a its darkest point and even the street lights were dimmed by the darkness, a tall man with a cloak as black as… well the darkness surrounding him, appeared out of the shadows heading for the house 512. The officer slowly got out of his car and crept up behind the man with his pistol in both hands pointing toward the back of his head.
“I will ask you once more sir, who are you and what is you purpose here?” He man still said nothing.
The officer pulled back the slide of the pistol and had his hand on the trigger when the man suddenly burst out in hysteria of evil laughter. “Who am I, and what purpose do I have here?” His voice was tainted with sin and he laughed again, but this once sounded more in annoyance. He then spoke in barely a whisper, so bone chilling; it made the officers’ body go completely cold. “Why,” chuckle, “… I am s-ssimply… Death.” The winds whistled around him, eager to carry his words, like the name Death beckoned them to be wrapped around the man’s body. He spun around and his black hood fell down to reveal a handsome young man. With hair as black as the night and eyes that were deep as the sea, but inside those eyes were full of anger, pain, rage, madness and small sign of sorrow. Although the incredibly large smile on his face was nothing to be compared with any of those features, it was about the size of his whole face! The man lifted his right cloaked hand and pointed toward the police officer. “And I am her for you… officer Sandert.” He chuckled again, and as he did a scythe slowly crept out from under the sleeve of his left hand and he grasped it. He put the scythe into both his hands and jumped high into the air, toward officer Sandert.
Time stood still for Sandert. It was like his whole life flashed before his eyes. Then suddenly it was gone. The man’s scythe was being swung towards his neck and- everything went dark.

Death held he man’s head by his hair. Blood dripping from the lower half of it onto the concrete, wile the other half of the body fell, slowly crumpling toward the ground.
“Hmph, Pathetic humans.” Death said disgusted, in a Romanian accent. “They don’t put up a good fight like they use to.” He threw the man’s head on the sidewalk and watched it bounce a couple of times before coming to a rolling stop, to face Death with absolute horror stuck upon his face. How delightful and he smirked. “Such a waste…” he said with pretend sadness in his voice. “Oh well, the nights young and I still have a great deal of heads to take off their bodies.” He laughed maliciously. “Samael!” A young, dark angel with blond hair, Celtic blue eyes and wings as black as his heart, appeared before Death in a puff of black smoke.
“Yes my lord.” Azrael said smoothly in an English accent.
“Who’s next on my list?!” Barked Death.
“I believe a woman by the name of Sarah Qwouty”
“Ok Samael, let’s go.”
“Yes, Lucifer,”
Death stopped in his tracks. “Don’t ever call me that name again!” he said quietly, but with obvious venom in his voice.
“Sorry, my lord, I-“
“Don’t!” He spat, and then paused. “I haven’t been called that since I had strayed from the light of my love…” He walked forward, doomed to be forever walking and taking the souls of many. This was his eternal punishment for the pain he had caused to numerous others, out of anger for his lost love. He watched and was helpless as burglars slowly tortured her to death, all he could do was struggle to try and break free from the other burglar’s grips. He saw her throat slashed open and saw her slowly die, painfully yet she never gave up, she never stopped fighting back. He killed those men, out of revenge for his lost love. But he felt more vengeful and got a graving for killing so, he killed over 10,000 men, women and children with just a scythe he had picked up from one of the burglars corpse. God got angry and forced him to be his killer for the people whose time was to die. He forced him to be a fallen angel, Death, a Grimm Reaper, a Devil. To make them suffer at his had for eternity, wile his love looked down upon him, waiting for him to be with her. “But that will never happen.” He said more to himself. “I will never be will you my love.” A single tear trickled down his face. He screeched up to the clouds, it ran across the whole world and it was so heart breaking the heavens mourned for his sorrow. “The gates of heaven will be forever closed to me!” the clouds darkened and lightening boomed from above. A soft voice caressed his mind. “Lucifer, one day we will find each other again. One day we will dance and sing once more.” The memory slowly faded away from him and as it did tears poured from his eyes and he crumpled to the ground. “Hera!” he cried out, “Why God, did you take her from me!” He let out another ghastly shriek and his already shattered heart, broke once more.

As I wrote this story I began to change it from the police officers point of view to Death's point of view. As I realized what I was doing I went along with it and put the back round of his horrible story. Nobody has ever thought about what the Devil, the fallen angel, Death, Grimm Reaper, etc. Has ever felt, or experienced in his past. Well, now you do!

JadeWolf GOLD said...
on Nov. 1 2013 at 6:30 pm
JadeWolf GOLD, Centralia, Washington

Thank you so much! You just made my day!

on Oct. 31 2013 at 11:34 am
angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas

“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” -Jace Wayland City of Bones

i have one word for you... wow... this was amazing i loved it :)