Song Vignette: Tender Lumplings | Teen Ink

Song Vignette: Tender Lumplings

August 9, 2011
By TheEldritchPrince SILVER, Stockbridge, Georgia
TheEldritchPrince SILVER, Stockbridge, Georgia
9 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Logic is not flawless


The hall was run down. It also looked like it hadn’t been used in years. Didn’t stop the madman who owned it from chasing him. Or prevent the facility from being in very good condition.
He wouldn’t be so panicked if he wasn’t in for a fate worse than death. The infernal song echoing around the place was most definitely not helping. It sounded like it was playing from an old record player. Also it had to be live whenever it was recorded. This train of thought isn’t helping you, his mind said. He skidded down a junction in the hallways, and ran into an old operating room, it was visually very messed up.
“Found You!” A very childlike voice cried. He froze.
Not here, not him, not now.
“I… I do not want to play your games.” He took off hoping to escape. Then he noticed the song had ended. He tripped.
“Not good not good not good not good not good…” he repeated over and over. A figure then showed up. A boyish looking man wearing a vividly colored tuxedo was now standing over him. However, the tux was stained by grease, oil and bodily liquids he’d rather not identify.
“Why did you run?” He asked meekly.
“Because you fool, you would have done unspeakable things to my body and soul.”
“Yes yes, I get that, but the merciful lady and the mechanical man said you would gain things from it.” He turned on him, mechanical limbs holding tools of assembly revealing themselves and coming closer to him, intent on replacing his body with machines. He tried to scream, tried so very hard. He heard no sound ever escape his lips and the pain started. He resigned himself to his fate. Thomas would never be the same, but at least he held some comfort in that he would live, even if the comfort was so very, very, small.
“So take your time as the full moon grows, and may the good lord save your soul!” The song sang.


The author's comments:
Inspired by the song of the same name by Oingo Boingo. It is intended to be horrific and creepy.