Phobia | Teen Ink

Phobia

June 7, 2011
By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
51 articles 0 photos 132 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell


What is a phobia? It is being extremely terrified of something. It is having a fear of something. A fear of something you see in your mind.
My name is Belle. I have an abnormal fear of dying. Especially by murder. I check my closet every night before I go to bed. I check the backseat of my car and I check all the rooms of my house when I am alone. This tale is about what happened when I forgot to check my bathroom when I got home from school.
It was a Friday afternoon. I walked into my house and checked all of the rooms, except my bathroom. Bad mistake.
I was doing my homework when a man came up behind me. I saw his reflection in the computer screen.
“What is your name?” He asked.

I said nothing and he threw me to the ground. He had an “It” mask on and I could not see any of his facial features.
“Your name is Belle, is it not?”
“How do you--?” I was stopped by his finger.
“I’ve been watching you. I see you everywhere. I see you in the shower, at school, and in your bed at night.”

I said nothing; I just stared at him with scared eyes. I was going to die.
“Come with me, Belle.”
“No!” I screamed as I kicked him, making him fall.
“Belle, but I love you.”

I screamed at him and ran to the kitchen. I frantically looked around for a knife. I saw a butcher’s knife and I slid it into the waistband of my shorts. The man stumbled into the kitchen as I pulled my shirt down over the knife.
“You and I both know you have a knife.” He smiled at me.

The man moved closer. I still question why I didn’t move right then. He touched my sides, feeling for a knife, but I had already taken it out. I rammed it up and into his gut and he groaned. Then, I pulled it out and shoved into his face. He quit moving and fell to the floor. I breathed heavily and stepped back.

I look back on that day and realize why I didn’t move away. It was so I could kill that evil man. I am happy I faced my fear. My fear of dying,of being murdered.