Phobia | Teen Ink

Phobia

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

What is a phobia? It is being extremely terrified of something. It is having a fear of something. A fear of something you see in your mind.
My name is Belle. I have an abnormal fear of dying. Especially by murder. I check my closet every night before I go to bed. I check the backseat of my car and I check all the rooms of my house when I am alone. This tale is about what happened when I forgot to check my bathroom when I got home from school.
It was a Friday afternoon. I walked into my house and checked all of the rooms, except my bathroom. Bad mistake.
I was doing my homework when a man came up behind me. I saw his reflection in the computer screen.
“What is your name?” He asked.

I said nothing and he threw me to the ground. He had an “It” mask on and I could not see any of his facial features.
“Your name is Belle, is it not?”
“How do you--?” I was stopped by his finger.
“I’ve been watching you. I see you everywhere. I see you in the shower, at school, and in your bed at night.”

I said nothing; I just stared at him with scared eyes. I was going to die.
“Come with me, Belle.”
“No!” I screamed as I kicked him, making him fall.
“Belle, but I love you.”

I screamed at him and ran to the kitchen. I frantically looked around for a knife. I saw a butcher’s knife and I slid it into the waistband of my shorts. The man stumbled into the kitchen as I pulled my shirt down over the knife.
“You and I both know you have a knife.” He smiled at me.

The man moved closer. I still question why I didn’t move right then. He touched my sides, feeling for a knife, but I had already taken it out. I rammed it up and into his gut and he groaned. Then, I pulled it out and shoved into his face. He quit moving and fell to the floor. I breathed heavily and stepped back.

I look back on that day and realize why I didn’t move away. It was so I could kill that evil man. I am happy I faced my fear. My fear of dying,of being murdered.

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

thanks so so much!

xxinnocentxx BRONZE, Fontana, California
hahaaha...wow..i lik this one. Ima try to read em all x]