The Last Wish | Teen Ink

The Last Wish

By Bubblybubbles223 PLATINUM, Warren, Oregon
Bubblybubbles223 PLATINUM, Warren, Oregon

people are like tomatoes...theyre red on the inside...and fun to smash...and especially fun to throw at walls. and clowns. and annoying teachers. and pirahnas cuz they say yuck cause theyre vegetables! ~me

It was 3:30 PM on a Wednesday afternoon, Amber was in the doctors office, again. Getting checked for breast cancer was a yearly thing for her, since almost everyone in her family had it before her. But every time she was there she got a sick feeling in her stomach, hoping that this year wasn’t it. Praying for more time.

“The doctor will see you now,” I perky nurse said to her.

“Thank you,” said Amber, as she walked into the well-lighted hallway. The doctor she usually had, Dr. Sandra, was waiting for her in another well-lighted room.

“Please sit down,” said the doctor. Amber sat on the warm, heated, solitary hospital exam bench. “How have you been? Any abnormalities, disfunctions, rashes, viruses, etc…?”

“Nope ive been fine, as usual,” Amber said.

“Ok we’ll just do the yearly checkup for any types of cancer, and you can go,” said doctor Sandra.

“Thank you,” Said Amber, and followed him to the checkup station. When they were done the doctor said she could leave, and he would email her the results of the tests. When she got home she made a simple salad for dinner, and went to bed.

The next day she hit her alarm clock, slamming the plug out of the wall. The beeping slowly died, and she remembered her results. She rushed downstairs, hurrying to her computer. She had 1 new email, from Dr. Sandra. It was labeled: Test Results, 2/14/11. Oh yeah, its valentines day. She thought to herself.

Dear Amber, here are your test results for all the cancer tests:
Lung cancer: Negative
Ovarian Cancer: Negative
Colon Cancer: Negative
Brain Cancer: Negative
Breast Cancer: Positive
Sorry about the wait, and the news. To get more news on the type of cancer you have, please come to my office tomorrow morning

Bridgette17 said...
on Mar. 15 2011 at 9:23 am
The title was inviting to me because it made me wonder.