"The only thing to fear is fear itself" | Teen Ink

"The only thing to fear is fear itself"

July 6, 2010
By crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California
crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California
2 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only thing to fear is fear itself."


You can’t run from me. You can’t hide from me. I am everywhere. I am the feeling of uncertainty that lingers through your veins. I am near when your heart starts pounding and your palms grow sweaty. You close your eyes telling yourself it’s not real. Oh, but I am dreadfully real. You can’t see me, but I am there. I am there when the black blanket covers the blue sky. I am the eeriness that follows you through the night. I am there when your door mysteriously creeks open and you tell yourself it’s just a draft. I am there when the strange noises are heard in the darkness of the night. I am the monster under your bed, the monster in the closet, the mysterious noises in the night, and the un-explained mysteries in the world. I am fear. I never go away. I go with the saying: “the only thing to fear is fear itself”. Because yes, I am fear, and if you don’t fear me, you will.


The author's comments:
This is my 1st piece of work I have posted on here. Tell me what you think. Constructive criticsim and advice is welcome. Be nice though, I do have feelings. Thanx. :)