Little Voice | Teen Ink

Little Voice

May 28, 2010
By anna-lynne1291 DIAMOND, Dracut, Massachusetts
anna-lynne1291 DIAMOND, Dracut, Massachusetts
77 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
How will we ever get out of this labyrinth?
-John Green

SEVAS TRA (Art Saves)
-Otep


Another day at school doing the same old things. Her pen raced across the page with biology notes and English essays. They're all laughing at something that isn't funny. Their voices pierced her eardrums and she found it impossible to block them out.

They're laughing at your ugly face. Hahahahahaha.

Her eyes darted back and forth. If only she had eyes in the back of her head, then she would be smarter by now. Smart like her mother. Her mother with the slanty eyes and cold heart. Her mother that swears she loves her, but sometimes it's hard to believe.

Sometimes? She's out of her mind!

"I know, she tried to crush me."

"Shhh!"

Katie's teacher, Mr. Mercian, held his finger to his lips. She told him she would try and quiet down, but that They weren't being very nice to her today.

"Who are They exactly?" He asked, completely dumbfounded.

"Oh, no one, don't worry." She said.

Don't worry? You're completely out of your mind! You know we exist but you're too ashamed to admit it. Just say it, you're crazy.

"No I'm not! God! Will you just shut up?!"

"No one is talking. Katie?"

You didn't take your meds this morning, so now we can't shut up. But that's okay because we like being free muchhhh better!

Yes, freedom is fun! Don't you agree? I mean, everyone likes being able to breathe. And having room for themselves, you know?

"No, go away. I don't care about your freedom. What about my freedom?!"

Hehehehehehehehehehehe. Hehehehehehehe.

"Ugh!"

"Katie? Snap out of it!" He said as he snapped his fingers together in distress.

"Huh?"

"What is going ON?! You're arguing with yourself."

"Sorry, I-"

Hehehehehe. Now he knows you're crazy! Maybe you should tell Cameron now.

"No! Leave him alone!"

If you don't do it, we will.

Yes, we will. He must know who you really are!

Mr. Mercian watched in awe as Katie stood up and began walking towards Cameron's desk, as if she were being possessed by something inhuman.

"Stop! I'm not going to let you do that!"

Katie stopped in mid step and began to back up slower than she had been walking a second ago.

You can't do that. We own you now.

Get back here!

Katie made a 360 degree turn and began to walk towards Cameron once more, before forcing herself to stop, and turning in the opposite direction again.

"Katie Hale! I demand you to stop pacing back and forth and get back to your seat!"

Turning her head, her eyes opened wide, Katie stared at the teacher in confusion.

"I am in my seat." She said.

No you aren't, you're going to sit next to Cameron.

Yes, next to Cameron. Right now!

She walked over to Cameron and took a seat at the empty desk next to him. Looking into his rainforest green eyes, she said, "You're a piece of dog s**t."

Cameron sat there fuming, while the rest of the class broke into hysterics. Their classmate was really putting on a show now.

"Ugh! Look what you made me do!"

"Huh?" Cameron asked.

Serves you right. You shouldv'e known better than that. No one can love you.

Especially someone like him. You belong in the crazy house with the other crazy people. You belong in a tightly buckled straight-jacket.

"I'm not crazy!...Cameron, I'm so sorry."

She gave him an apologetic look but saw that it didn't affect him much at all.

"I love you." She whispered, as she quickly got up and went back to her own desk in the front row.

"This is all your fault!" Katie screamed.

No it isn't. It's the devil. The devil's fault. Hahahaha. The devil made us do it. Nana na na na. Nana na na na.

The devil Hahahahaha. Oh, the devil!

"Shut UP!"

Katie stood up and punched herself in the face, she was sick of the voices. They always put the blame on someone else, when it was obviously only them ruining her life.


" No, you did it! YOU!"


Mr. Mercian ran to get the nurse, but by the time they both had gotten back, Katie was lying on the lineolum floor with two bruised eyes and blood gushing out of her nose and running into her swollen lips. The guilt had gotten the best of her.