Chilling Thoughts | Teen Ink

Chilling Thoughts

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

Carley Stone made her way down the dark corridors. She was scared out of her mind. She had no idea what had been or still was chasing her. She had been running for what seemed like hours, days even. She carried with her only her purse and a back pack, which was filled with money, lots of money.
“Don’t look back.”A voice said, deep in her mind. She kept moving, sprinting now. It was a dead end. Two doors were on either side of her. She opened the left door and screamed. Eleven bodies hung by eleven ropes were draped from the ceiling. She quickly shut the door and opened the one on the right, only to be confronted with another voice in her head.
“Carley, you will never be rid of me.”

Chills ran down her spine as she stepped into the room. A dark presence overcame her. She quickly tried to find a weapon. Anything. She came across a pipe about as long as a baseball bat. It would have to do. She picked it up and the lights flickered. They had flickered long enough for her to see a shadow move along the wall. A door was what she needed. A way out. An exit quickly presented itself, on the other side of the room. A crawl space. She made a break for it. Sprinting. Making it to the exit, she tugged on the door’s small handle.
“Carley, be a dear for me and stay in hear a little longer.” The voice said. She screamed and yanked harder on the door. Thankfully, it opened this time. She shoved herself through it and shut it behind her. Blackness. Pure darkness. She couldn’t see anything. Crawling forward, she hit a wall. She pounded on it and broke through and light flooded the once dark space. Carley crawled through the hole into a well lit room. She was afraid of what was to come.

Carley stood and the lights went out. As soon as she screamed, the lights came back on. She looked at the floor, blood was splattered everywhere.
“Hello Carley, I’m right behind you.” The voice said.

Carley’s screams echoed throughout the empty corridors of the abandoned building. Nothing remained but the man Carley was so afraid of, and the bag of cash she carried.

on May. 19 2010 at 7:09 pm
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

yeah i kno. It just happened like that because I was typing fast

Katrselyn said...
on May. 15 2010 at 12:12 pm
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
amzinn work on spelllin tho

on Feb. 13 2010 at 5:54 pm
whoa! interesting ending! good twist. please write more of this! unless it's one of those short stories...

i think you meant 'here' instead of 'hear' in the part: "Carley, be a dear for me and stay HERE a little longer."

Csquare321 said...
on Jan. 22 2010 at 3:04 pm
Creepy and well written. Nice Job.