The Other Half part 2. | Teen Ink

The Other Half part 2.

By mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

"Just be yourself, because life's to short to be anybody else" :) - Step Up 2 The Streets :) ♥

Jet-
I sat in the car. The silence between me and Jodie was getting to me so I pulled out my iPod and started listening to some songs that Scarlett had up-loaded for me. Shortly after Black Tattoo by Grinspoon had finished Scarlett walked out in her oldest jeans and plain black t-shirt. She had put her hair up with only her fringe hanging out. She opened the boot, dumped her bag in it, closed the boot and then headed around the side of the old white volks wagon to sit next to me.
“You dressed pretty boring today” I said to Scarlett with a smirk on my face.
“What can I say? I like to dress to suit the occasion” she replied to me and I saw Jodie glaring at her in the rear view mirror.
We again sat in silence for about thirty minutes, and then, much to my disgust, my IPod went flat so me and Scarlett talked about all the so called “fun” things to do at Camp Elica, all sarcastically of course. I could tell by the looks Jodie was giving us in the rear view mirror she was on edge, these looks continued for another hour until I changed the subject to music, Jodie stopped the looks but still looked nervous.
Another ten minutes went by and then we arrived at the camp. Most of the students were there already. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag from the boot. There were no goodbyes we just walked off, me and Scar had learnt that goodbyes weren’t welcome since sapphire died and either were greetings.
“Welcome to Camp guys! Ready to have some fun!” Mr. Jones said and Scarlett eyed the teenagers around her disgustingly, I elbowed her.
“Oh yes, I just love hanging around with a bunch of pathetic loser’s for the weekend especially at the place near where my sister died!” Scarlett said sarcastically and stormed off. I laughed and Mr. Jones handed me a key to our cabin.
“Cabin 4” he said still enthusiastic.
I ran after Scarlett.
“We have cabin 4” I said to her trying to sound just as enthusiastic as Mr. Jones.
“That’d be that one.” She said boringly and pointed to a shabby shack that looked like the cubby houses four year olds make out of scrap pieces of wood.
“Looks very...um...Glamorous!” I say sarcastically trying to cheer her up and it looked like it kind of worked. I unlocked the door and pushed it open.
SCARLETT-
Jet pushed the door open; inside the cabin were two camp beds side by side in the back of the room next to each two little bed side drawers and a sink with a cracked mirror above it. To the right of the beds was a door which I assumed, led to the toilet. It looked pretty run down. Just as I took a step into the cabin I hear a loud squeak I jumped up, scared, and then relaxed as I noticed it was only a mouse. Jet laughed from behind me, I turned around and punched him in the arm,
“Ouch, that hurt!” he said rubbing his arm yet with a slight smile.
“You deserve it” I said and walked into the cabin.
Each step I took the floor boards creaked loudly, I dumped my bag and sat down on the camp bed, let’s just say that the bed definitely wasn’t one fit for human habitation.
“5 star accommodation.” Jet said sarcastically and he pulled open a draw which fell out of its slot and fell apart.
“You’ll be paying top dollar for that!” I said laughing and Jet laughed too. I was able to be myself around Jet, but as soon as it came to anyone else, I was usually quiet and kept to myself if not I would get angry and sarcastic around them, that mostly happened when I talked to Jodie.
There was a knock on the door which was left open, it was Mr. Jones. Jet kicked the broken draw under his camp bed.
“Nice to see you have both settled in,” Mr. Jones said smiling, me and jet looked at each other with sarcastic looks, we both knew that Mr. Jones was fake and didn’t mean the welcoming. “You will both be meeting me and the other students at the BBQ area for a orienteering challenge to help you and your fellow students get to know your way around, see you both there in five minutes” He said and left before I could I could argue with him about not going. I sighed, I hated sport almost as much as socialising with the other students.
“I’m gonna get changed in here” Jet said walking towards another door which I thought was a toilet. He had his black track pants and green t-shirt in his arms. He went to open the door but it seemed locked. Jet stepped back and then stepped forward and tried to open the door but it wasn’t opening.
“Pull the door harder you baby ,” I said, and he glared at me, “Here” I got up and walked over to the door, I pulled but it wasn’t opening.
“See it won’t open!” Jet said dumbly.
“Well maybe if you push it” I said rolling my eyes but it wasn’t opening either.
“We’ll just have to use the public toilets” Jet said and he grabbed a small black scrunched up day pack from his suit case and a bottle of water. I did the same walking around the side of my bed and got my black day pack and my drink bottle which I placed in my bag, I also grabbed some black shorts and a purple t-shirt and we both ran out of the cabin closing the door behind us.

Part two!

mai..... GOLD said...
on Jan. 6 2010 at 1:01 am
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

Thankyou for all the positive comments! I sincerely appriciate it! Do your homework lol :)

Glad i've got ya addicted this is what i like to see, but i dont wont to see you getting bad marks lol, :)

on Jan. 5 2010 at 5:50 am
Arluanna PLATINUM, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“Mwahahahahaha! Now you are mine, Lesley-Bird, finally, at last, in my... oh, drat, forgot it had wings...”

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

On to the next one! (I really should be doing my homework, but Idc atm. this is priority!)

mai..... GOLD said...
on Nov. 30 2009 at 10:35 pm
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

Cheers ;) :) :D.....

on Nov. 29 2009 at 12:42 am
MelodyofAthena BRONZE, Springfield Lakes, Other
Better than part 1. Reading part 3 now.