Those Blue Eyes... | Teen Ink

Those Blue Eyes...

By KyleMaricle01 BRONZE, Peoria, Illinois
KyleMaricle01 BRONZE, Peoria, Illinois

Knock Knock Knock… “H-h-h-hello?!” Knock Knock Knock… “Hello?! Is a-a-a-a-anyone h-h-h-home?!” stuttered out Thomas as he loudly knocked on the large white front door. “Y-y-y-your car has been d-d-d-damaged! I’m trying to help y-y-y-you out!” yelled Thomas as he slowly realized all his attempts were showing to be no good. Thomas sighed and breathed into his hands cupped over his mouth, trying to warm up out during the snowstorm that he was right in the middle of. Thomas walked over to the car, a red minivan sitting in the snowy driveway. It was covered in snow other than the passenger side door that had the snow already previously brushed off it. There was a large dent in the door that looked like some sort of heavy impact. He bent down and had a closer look at it, when before he could make it out, the house door opened. Thomas jumped up and was startled. The door was open but nobody came out or peeked out of the doorway. Thomas slowly walked up the porch and stood in the doorway. “H-h-h-hello?!” stuttered Thomas curiously echoing into the house. Thomas was hesitant but decided to step inside the home. The wood creaked as he put each foot into the doorway. An eerie air filled his nose as he walked into the home. Thomas had a blank expression as he gazed around the half abandoned looking home. “An-an-an-anyone home?” strongly asked Thomas as the only reply was his own echo. Thomas slowly kept walking down the front hall, passing an eerie and crooked staircase as he kept walking along the carpeted floor. A loud thud stopped Thomas suddenly. Thomas’ eyes widened as he turned around and was met with an ominous figure standing in the doorway. It was as tall as the doorway itself, with lanky limbs and a faded face. It was almost a silhouette other than its eyes being clearly visible. Those eyes, they were bright blue with microscopic pupils. Those eyes pierced through Thomas’ soul as both of them stood lifeless, staring at each other. The figure started to tilt its head as it moved a step forward toward Thomas. It moved another step and Thomas still stood there, in a complete trance from those piercing blue eyes. Thomas blinked and widened his eyes as he suddenly came back to reality. The figure moved two more quickly paced steps forward and Thomas was now aware of the situation he was in, Thomas opened a door right next to him and ran into the room as the figure lunged towards him.  Thomas closed the door before he heard a thud against the door. He locked the door and moved a small wooden chair against the door. Thomas ran to the back of the practically empty room and got on his hands and knees and started to pray. “D-d-d-dear Lord, p-p-p-please h-h-h-h-help me and k-k-k-k-keep me safe through t-t-t-t-this situation!” Thomas muttered. It was now silent as Thomas opened his eyes and stared at the door. It was silent for a couple minutes. Then, the doorknob started to slowly turn. Thomas ran up against the door and held onto the doorknob with all his strength. The doorknob lost all it’s tension and was loosened. Thomas kept trying to relock the door but it did no good as the door was now opening slowly. Thomas ran back into the back of the room with the chair in his hands as his only means of defense. The door was peaked open as a black hand went through the opening. The nails scratched against the wall. The door then slowly opened more to the point where it was fully open with the figure just standing there with a tilted head. The figure made two steps forward toward Thomas. “S-s-s-s-stop! I w-w-will kill you!” yelled Thomas at the top of his lungs. The figure was now directly in front of Thomas. He hit the chair against the figure and it did absolutely nothing but broke the chair. Thomas was petrified now and the figure then took its hand and covered Thomas’ face enveloping his vision into darkness…

He opened his eyes once again and Thomas seen a bright light directly afterwards, instantly blinding him. A silhouetted figure gazed over him. Thomas raised his hand above his eyes to try to focus in on what was going on. It was a normal man dressed in a white coat and blue shirt with a clipboard. “H-h-h-hello? W-w-w-where am I?” asked a very confused Thomas. “You’ve been unconscious for the last 10 hours, you barely made it out of there alive.” said the doctor. “O-o-o-out of where?!” asked Thomas as he looked down and seen he was in a hospital bed. “You and your father were in a car wreck last night going down the highway. You were driving a red minivan with your father sitting in the passenger seat. The car was slammed in the side by an oncoming truck as you guys had swerved into the other lane” said the doctor. “B-b-but where is he?” asked Thomas with a sharp tear in his eye. “He…. he didn’t make it Thomas, he was killed on impact with his hand over your face to protect you. I’m so sorry Thomas…” said the man. Thomas had a single tear rolling down his cheek. “My dad always did have those blue eyes...”.

Based off of a practice dialogue that turned into a story based on my love for scary movies and thrillers.