Two Places at Once | Teen Ink

Two Places at Once

December 7, 2018
By jordanhansen BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
jordanhansen BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Ronnie and Trey were two twins whose lives were nothing less than a series of unfortunate events. When they were born, their father told his mother he was going into the Airforce, and never again returned. Their mother worked as a seamstress, and without their father's income, they were bankrupt by the time the identical boys were 5. His mother found lots of odd jobs. One time Trey saw her scraping gum off the streets to make enough money to buy canned food for them. Their mother was very hardworking, and she did everything she could for her boys. But by the time they were 7, she had become ill and very malnourished from the lack of basic living supplies.

On October 15, 1975, she committed suicide. The worst part: The boys watched her. They were on a walk in the woods, scavenging for anything they could hunt or cook. When they came up to a cliff, their mother looked at them both and said “it will be better this way,” and she jumped. The boys wept while they imagined their now unfathomable futures without their beloved mother. Ronnie ran back to town and waved down a bus driver on the highway while Trey walked around to the bottom of the cliff, in an attempt to find his mother. Trey did not want to go to town, for when the boys were born only Ronnie was registered as a citizen because their mother believed “there was something corrupt about the government knowing that somebody gave birth to clones.”

Ronnie approached a man who was around 50, who looked like he could help.

He said, “Momma jumped. The cliff. Jumped off.” He hated complete sentences. Waste of time.

The truck driver responded by asking, “Are you alone? Where did this happen?”

Ronnie said, “That way. All alone.” Leaving out his twin, and they called the police.

The police arrived a few minutes later. When Trey heard the sirens, he ran back to the house, where he knew Ronnie would eventually find him.

The boys buried their mother on October 21st, the church being vacant other than the mice and the beetles that scurried under the old floorboards.

“Why,” stated Trey blankly. He did not question her death, but he despised it. He felt like his mother was a goddess. If she can die, nobody else deserves life. This was a dark thought, and Ronnie felt it too.

The boys knew they would have to start a life for themselves. They began working two jobs, Trey would use his twin’s identity when he would do jobs for people around town. As they approached their teen years, they began to read many books. They had a common favorite: death. They loved reading about the dark and morbid and became fascinated by the characters who would kill.  They began to study these books and made a diary. Each excerpt being more deranged, and they signed every page, For MOM. This diary was filled detail-by-detail of all the ways people could be evil. They schemed, planned, and desired to know more.

Ronnie and Trey would be the least suspected serial killing twins to ever live. They both had a charming smile that made you feel welcomed in their presence. They were very kind to the ladies whos windows they would fix and even nicer to their children.

Ronnie would greet every woman with, “Nice day. Beautiful smile.”

However, the secret of a duplicate was the master key that unlocked their evil minds. They were able to be two places at once at all times, and nobody had the slightest clue. By the age of 19, the infamous Diary of the Evil Twins was complete. The last page had been filled out 2 years prior, with specific instructions.

You have made it to the end. You are ready.

There was one more thing. The twins knew that they needed a private communication, just for the two of them. They created a new language that consisted of symbols and numbers. From that time forward, they never spoke to each other the way they would speak to, “the others.” The time to plan out their first act of murder had approached, and they headed into the reign that would last 30 years, and wreak havoc across the lands.

On October 15, 1987, Ronnie had gotten a call from Melissa Fisher because she needed a new paint job in her kitchen.

He told her, “Be there at noon. Wednesday.” His first sentence that was nearly full. This was important, so he could draw her in.

He knew this was his chance. Trey would go into the bookstore today and talk with the librarian Ms. Hemmons. He would ask if he could interview her about her job, saying he was doing research on the libraries in the town. This was Ronnies alibi. Nobody would suspect him of the murder if he was in the library doing an interview. He put on his black jumpsuit and a pair of painters gloves. Inside his truck, he loaded up a paint can that had a large dagger concealed within it. He brought bleach, wipes, a torch, and a trash bag along with him.

When he arrived, Melissa welcomed him in after he flashed her his charming smile.

He asked, “What am I painting?” The least he could do was use complete sentences before he killed her.

He took note of his surroundings. He noted which rooms had windows, and which of those had tile floors. When they reached her newborn babies tile-floored room, he seized the opportunity.

“I believe this is the right color,” he explained. “I need to make sure it’s just right.” He grinned while he opened his can that had his dagger inside. As she turned his back to her while he opened the paint can, he grabbed his dagger. He turned around and pierced her neck at a speed so quick, she didn’t even blink. Melissa Fisher fell to the ground, and her baby begun to cry. This was supposed to be a mission of killing one, but he had to do something about the baby. He stabbed the newborn 3 times.

Ronnie couldn’t help but reminisce on the look in both of their eyes, right before they took their last breath. It was everything him and his brother had expected, and more. He had found his calling, he now knew that this would be the biggest reign of terror the world would ever see. But he also knew he had to clean his mess up, and never leave a trace. Rules. The rules. There were several pages of these in The Diary. The first: always wear gloves and a shower cap. He pulled on a pair of blue latex gloves and slicked his hair back. Next, transport. He had to do something with his trophies. He took them into the living room, where he would dispose of them via the fireplace. He then had to clean. Rule 3: bleach. He had to be careful, bleach smelled strong and it would be obvious what it was covering. So he mixed it with water and begun to scrub the blood off the floors. He had to make sure every trace was gone, so next, he got the vacuum. He swept over the floors. Then he turned on the fireplace in the living room and began to dispose of his victims, not without saving something of course. He removed the bracelet on Melissa and took a snap from the babies onesie. Without a trace of himself or his victims, he loaded up his truck and returned home.

Ronnie was questioned 3 days later, for Melissa had told her husband that he would be by to paint the inside. He simply told the police, “I went to the library,” and that he never planned on going to paint anybody’s house that day. His alibi checked out, and he was never again questioned for the unsolved murder of Melissa and Andy Fisher.

This murder was the first and second of 667. Ronnie and Trey, who later became known as “The Evil Twins,” reigned for 42 years before Ronnie killed his own twin. After the murder, he turned himself in. He had written 6 books since the first, all filled with nothing less than evil. The twins had flown under the radar an unbelievable amount of times. Ronnie has sentenced the death penalty 489 times, the most record-breaking penalty in history.


The author's comments:

I wrote this thrilling piece about identical twins because I've always wondered myself about evil twins since I studied them in AP Psychology. I gave them both a role in the murders to show that they both possess the same traits, as identical twins typically do. I wrote this in hopes of creating a short story with a long-term effect. I want the reader to be confused, startled, and intrigued.