Framed | Teen Ink

Framed

By samanthapottinger BRONZE, Meatarie, Louisiana
samanthapottinger BRONZE, Meatarie, Louisiana

“My sister was upstairs, and I was just washing dishes. I wanted to wash the dishes before my mom got home so I could go out the next night. It was my last chore and I had finished all my homework. I am usually still doing my homework by the time my mom gets home from work, but I worked extra hard to finish all before she came home. All went according to plan. It was the worst night of my life, and one of biggest mistakes of my life. I got dressed, and my friends picked me up outside my house. I got in and we started blaring music as we drove to the party. When we got there, red solo cups sprinkle the yard and the ground shook as the music played from the house. I walked in and that when I saw him! The man who framed me! I didn’t drug anyone He did it all!” I yell at the therapist, but I know he didn’t believe it. There was always a glint of humourous understanding. They all thought I was crazy. That’s why they locked me up here in Thorn Hill Asylum. They all think it was my fault, and they all thought I was going crazier by the second. I had to break through to someone though eventually. Everyday the more I hoped the more my dreams were crushed by the therapists. Same look in their eyes, same expression painted on their face of fake belief. I just wanted to get out of this place. I know I didn’t do it. I didn’t drug that girl at the party. Everyone thought I did because she bullied me, and no one did anything about it. They all thought that I had gone mad after all the years and something inside of me broke. Of course I was mad, nobody stood up for me, but I wouldn’t do something that crazy. They walked me back to my room, but it looked the same as a prison cell. It just didn’t have any  the bars. When I got back to my room I plopped down onto my bed. I laid on my side and put my hand under my pillow to adjust it to be comfortable. I felt something graze my hand. I lifted the pillow up, and saw a folded up piece of paper laying there. I open it up and my eyes snap open in horror. I scream but nothing come out. The note read, “ Thanks for taking the blame for me sis.”