Gone | Teen Ink

Gone

September 3, 2018
By khuwayl_a BRONZE, Malindi, Other
khuwayl_a BRONZE, Malindi, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It does not befit the lion to respond to the dog"


The howls of my mom calling my name abruptly wake me up. I fidgeted and clumped my ears shut with the pink fluffy pillow next to me. I lay quiet giving my mom the hint that I'm still asleep but she continously shouts my name. At last, I give up and decide to attend her. She usually had issues with me not making my bed so carefully, I made my bed and walked to the mirror; the first thing I always do after waking up.

I reached for my face and rubbed my eyes then I noticed the mass of hair plopped on my hands. I quickly jerk my hand apart and carefull scrutinize it. My hands rather look like a forest, Amazon to be exact. I ran to the bathroom and shaved my hands and when I looked at my legs, brown hair that looked like a gignger cat's fur is all over my skin. Quickly grabbing the shaver from my cabinet, I cleared it all while wondering why I had grown that much hair overnight.

Mom had prepared breakfast and was ready sited on the mahogany table in the middle of the pristine kitchen. While I took swigs of my already-warm tea, I rubbed my palm on my hands as I felt the softness of my skin. Suddenly, I felt something pointy beneath my hands and when I stopped rubbing my skin, I noticed short hair cropped up as that of a cat when frightened.

Holy Hell!

I felt something weird running around my body then was replaced by tingles like needles piercing my skin. Still oblivious of what is happening to my body, I hurriedly climbed the stairs back to my room while taking two flights each step. I ignored the bruise that has been formed when I stumbled on one stair and fell head-first on two edges. However, when I had reached the last stair, the bruise had already started healing while the soothing pain was slowly vanishing. I stood firmly, my eyes almost popping out of their sockets and my mind going crazy like a handful of elephants walking on my bewildered head.

Once, I reached the door to my room- my escape, something caught my eyes. It was like a rarity of navy blue sea dancing in the mid-air from left to right. Holy Flying Lemurs I say in horror. It was like watching a HD movie except that there was no screen, just a view that seemed to appear from a cracked hole.

The view was calling me, it attracted me and my mind stood back still wonderingwho was driving my hairy legs to the scenery. My hands were raised up and they reached for the seemingly cracked hole while my subconscious grabbed a popcorn and watched in a panicked horror.

Everything inside me was screaming, yelling and scared. Suddenly, I was taken to an empty pitch dark room. A ray of light appeared on one end and once again, I felt something or rather someone else was living inside my body. I heard two people talking inside me and arguing in unrecognizable languages. By that time, all my body was covered with gold hair that you could barely see my vulnerable rich in balck skin. "I am going there" A voice mumbled inside me and when I paused my mind to know who uttered the words, my hairy legs had already reached the ray and now my subconscious wearing an eager face stared at me asking 'Now what?'.

It was like swimming in an emotional turmoil and every time I tried to reach the surface of the water, something was pushingme deep down. A look of resignation crept on my usually cheereful face and for once in my life, I felt like someone had grabbed my power to tame all hardness and kept it aside- as if to tell it "Now watch what she can do without you".


The author's comments:

A strange feeling