This Is What You Did To Me | Teen Ink

This Is What You Did To Me

June 6, 2018
By J.Welch BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
J.Welch BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Two best friends Xavier and Lisa both (age 17 years old) outside walking in a park trail on a hot summer day  admiring the small river down below and nature surround them. Both stand stage right


Xavier: Oh! Cmon this is the best part to watch the nature around us why don’t you want to come and enjoy everything is surrounding is I don’t understand after everything that we been through just relax already!?

Lisa: Oh please, I just want to make this perfect cause I can tell this is already going to be a good memory. A memory where I know I wont’ forget. And who cares what has been going on with everyone the only person I care about is you.


Xavier walks over (stage left) to sit down on the hill to finalize the perfect spot for both best friends to talk.

Xavier:  Pshhh. We all know what he did, you know you can imagine everyone's faces when they all saw him. Ha! Myself, included I really thought he was going to ruin this school up until the police officers came.


Lisa walks over to meet up with Xavier and sits next to him.

Lisa: Okay okay I guess this is a big problem. Did you know it’s all over the news? You know I just hate talking about bad information is sooo awkward for me?

Xavier: Lisa we have to talk about it! You have to talk to the police I just never thought you would be on the hit list and THE FACT SHE POINTED-


Lisa is looking away from Xavier not trying to pay attention but now Xavier moves his body in front of her to get her attention.


Lisa: I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! To be honest I didn’t even know what to expect although I may know why she aimed it at me.

Bikers riding and runners running past the two best friends (towards stage right) while Lisa lays on her back eyes closed enjoying the warmth from the sun. Xavier copies her every move for his understanding beginning to listen to the full explanation. A spotlight on the two main characters only.


Lisa: (Sighhh) It was Amanda. Amanda Stevens, her and I actually used to be good friends and believe it or not she was the reason why she is acting the way she is now. I was the one who introduced her to he drugs. Only reason why she is acting that way is because she never got help and well… I did. Zay please say something I know it’s me; Lisa, the girl that is too nice to anyone and will do anything for anything and well Amanda she’s just a person that doesn’t want to me messed with. So, when she pointed… pointed the gun at me I think she was trying to get revenge because I have ruined her life so she wanted to ruin mine.


Xavier: Why didn’t you tell me this?? I thought we are best friends and we don’t hide anything from each other. I don’t care about your history with Amanda, many other people did but, you are my best friend and just now hearing about this is crucial.


Xavier now standing up looking the opposite side of the river looking at plants while Lisa is trying to follow his actions although he’s not allowing her. She leaves her phone on the grassy hill. More bikers are riding past them and Amanda’s sister is walking past them both.


Xavier: Hey! Carly! So is it true that Lisa was on your sister’s-

Lisa: Zay please don’t I don’t want to make things awkward on this nice beautiful day!

Xavier: I don’t know about you but, I need answers and she knows her sister more than anyone else.  

Carly: Hey Zay what’s up I’m on a tight schedule today but if you want to talk for a little bit I can… Oh hey Lisa how’s it going

Lisa: Look Carly I am sorry for what had happened if I could I would take it back but when Amanda was creating that hit list, do you know why I was on there? Like I have an idea but I just want to know the real reason.

Carly: Oh come on we all know why! You are literally the reason why she is acting like this. I mean I have to admit I didn’t know she was going to create a hit list and be a victim at our school.

Lisa: The things we did was way back in our freshman year I don’t understand why it is very effective till now our junior year. I wish I can talk to her though in person cause I’m quite sure that many people are either worried or shocked for me.

Xavier: Oh yeah they are including myself but thanks for talking to us Carly I really appreciate it we’ll see you around.

Carly walks quickly away from the two best friends and resume her big schedule for the day. (moves off stage) Xavier is now facing Lisa to make sure she is okay. The sky is starting to get cloudy and chilly. Therefore Xavier is place his jacket around Lisa.


Xavier: Hey let's go home we’ve been out here for a long time and I don’t know about you but I am tired myself. I understand if you don’t want to talk about what happened and that you wanted today to be a good day I’m sorry.

Lisa: Thanks for understanding I’m just trying to ignore this whole situation overall but I feel like it keeps coming back to haunt me.

Lisa walks cross the stage to grab her phone until she sees a hidden figure with a black hoodie walking towards her. The hidden figure bump into Lisa still walking until they finally turn around to talk to Lisa.


Lisa: Woe, Amanda the first thing I want to say is I’m sorry I am unsure what I did but I do have an idea and if it is the thing I am thinking about then I want to resolve the whole situation.

Amanda: Listen. What we did in the past was the past I don’t care I chose to act this way and you just happened to be part of it. Okay? That was why I pointed the gun at you cause I want everyone to think you had something to do with it. It’s Xavier who done something

Xavier: What? What did I do??

Amanda: You did everything to me you are the real reason why I am like this and this is how you’re going to pay. POW POW POW

Lisa: No...